Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2007, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,775 times

Advertisements

I am starting a new job in January and need to find daycare for my 4mth old in or around the Montvale area. Any help or suggestions would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 11:37 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Four years ago, when my middle son was a baby, he attended a daycare called AM Tree. It was on Spring Valley Road (behind Chestnut Ridge Road). I would recommend that you look into this daycare as a possibility.

The daycare is (if it's still there...I'm assuming it is...it had been around for a long time when we went there) separated by age group, but the kids do see one another and two age groups might mingle at certain times. It's pretty much open-plan (but again, segmented) for the bigger kids. The tiny babies have their own room. Then they move out to the "wobblers," I think they were called--when the babies are just beginning to walk. Then they go up from there.

The director there was very caring and loving. It was a warm atmosphere, but they did things professionally. They kept good track of what was going on with any child at any given time. One thing that struck me when I was interviewing daycares was that they told me right off the bat that I was welcome to come in any time, that I needn't call first, I should just drop in to get a sneak peak at how things went from day to day. That made me feel comfortable and I did come in at different times on quite a few occasions (when getting out early from work, etc.) and everyone was happy whenever I showed up.

Some of the workers were young (college). I don't know if that would bother you, so it's something to consider. I liked it because they were very energetic for the kids.

I did not need to bring snacks or milk for my son but I did need to supply my own infant formula until he moved on to milk.

You should swing by and just check it out. It's easy to get to and is off two main drags and easy to find. Their rates were reasonable compared to other daycares in the area, $1050 a month at the time.

Good luck with your search. You will fall in love with the location of your choice for your own reasons. *No matter what anyone tells you, don't take that person's word for it if you feel ANY negative vibes in ANY way...* I've had my children at sitters who were highly recommended but I couldn't stand, and sitters I've loved that other people were lukewarm to. You'll find the perfect place, don't worry.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:09 PM

28 posts, read 149,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Four years ago, when my middle son was a baby, he attended a daycare called AM Tree. It was on Spring Valley Road (behind Chestnut Ridge Road). I would recommend that you look into this daycare as a possibility.

The daycare is (if it's still there...I'm assuming it is...it had been around for a long time when we went there) separated by age group, but the kids do see one another and two age groups might mingle at certain times. It's pretty much open-plan (but again, segmented) for the bigger kids. The tiny babies have their own room. Then they move out to the "wobblers," I think they were called--when the babies are just beginning to walk. Then they go up from there.

The director there was very caring and loving. It was a warm atmosphere, but they did things professionally. They kept good track of what was going on with any child at any given time. One thing that struck me when I was interviewing daycares was that they told me right off the bat that I was welcome to come in any time, that I needn't call first, I should just drop in to get a sneak peak at how things went from day to day. That made me feel comfortable and I did come in at different times on quite a few occasions (when getting out early from work, etc.) and everyone was happy whenever I showed up.

Some of the workers were young (college). I don't know if that would bother you, so it's something to consider. I liked it because they were very energetic for the kids.

I did not need to bring snacks or milk for my son but I did need to supply my own infant formula until he moved on to milk.

You should swing by and just check it out. It's easy to get to and is off two main drags and easy to find. Their rates were reasonable compared to other daycares in the area, $1050 a month at the time.

Good luck with your search. You will fall in love with the location of your choice for your own reasons. *No matter what anyone tells you, don't take that person's word for it if you feel ANY negative vibes in ANY way...* I've had my children at sitters who were highly recommended but I couldn't stand, and sitters I've loved that other people were lukewarm to. You'll find the perfect place, don't worry.
Agreed on. If you are catholic, you might want your child to go to St. Paul Nursery School on 4 Woodland Road. (201) 391-3860
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey