Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 09:20 AM

4 posts, read 21,413 times

Advertisements

Just recently moved to Paramus and tried to park at ridgewood/GSP park and ride to catch the 165 express bus but all four lots were full. I got to the park and ride at about 7:30am. What time do these lots usually fill up at? Are there any other places to park around there where I won't get towed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,664,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock923 View Post
Just recently moved to Paramus and tried to park at ridgewood/GSP park and ride to catch the 165 express bus but all four lots were full. I got to the park and ride at about 7:30am. What time do these lots usually fill up at? Are there any other places to park around there where I won't get towed?
This week I'd say get there by 7am. It's only full at 7:30 because of all the snow we got last week. Tons of spots are unavailable due to plowing. It's the same story at all of the Park and Rides in NNJ! A soon as the snow melts I think you'll be fine at 7:30...8am would be pushing it.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:11 AM

Thanks for the response! Just moved from central jersey and they usually do a good job with clearing all the snow at the park and rides over there. Thought it seemed odd that they would fill up by 7:30.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:53 PM

220 posts, read 379,214 times
7:30 seems about right. Even on non-snow days, you'll be hard pressed to find spots in lots 1 & 2 (the ones east of GSP) at that time. Those are more desirable since ppl can walk to and board the bus at its first stop in lot 1 (the north-east lot). If you park in lot 3 or 4, the bus can be pretty full by the time it pulls up to the stop on that side of the highway and you may need to stand or even wait for the next bus.

There's a park & rides in Ridgewood downtown for NJT bus, and a Coach bus park & ride farther up Rt 17, but those are not free like the lots for the NJT 165 bus on GSP, hence the higher demand. NJT is also much cheaper than Coach tickets.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:16 PM

I was told when catching the bus into NYC I should use the stops near lot 2 and 4 since the express bus picks you up underneath the overpass and when dropping off in Paramus to get off at lots 1 and 3.(New Jersey Transit). Does the bus pick up and drop off at each lot? What is the ideal time to get to any of the lots for parking in the morning on non-snow days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey