Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:45 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
this guy's 19 year old son could clear his driveway, but...apparently not.
Sounds like my former neighbor. Two kids and they let their father with the heart condition do it when I didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 07:55 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,395,557 times
Driving around this morning, you can tell towns are low on salt. there are roads that weren't touched with any. it's crazy. West Orange is in pretty good shape, but the roads are narrower than they should be because there's just nowhere to put the snow. Hoping today allows for a little bit of melting. tried digging out a channel at the bottom of my driveway last night as the water was running downhill, but it kept clogging back up with slush.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 AM

3,516 posts, read 7,778,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
once you are waiting, may as well let the rain do all the work for you. there will be enough rain and warmer temps to not just compact it but to melt it away.
I listened to my Wife's advice about this. Big mistake. I have to plow the driveway becuase my Wife has a home bussiness and has clients come to the house. Her advise was to wait and let the rain melt most of the snow before I start to plow it. When I plowed the snow with my tractor, the snow would slide off the sides of the plow easily, forcing me to get back again and again to get the snow I missed. And when I forced the snow into the snow bank, the water would splash up and get me wet. There was also a nice layer of thin ice under the snow. If I would have plowed it right away, before it rained too long, it would have been much easier to do and the rain would have taken care the the ice below the snow.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:01 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
I enjoy it when I stop my car and a whole bunch of snow comes pouring over my windshield. I know im supposed to do the top, but its kind of hard to reach so I just do what I can reach easily. im not being sarcastic, it makes things a little more fun when it happens.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:39 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,395,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I enjoy it when I stop my car and a whole bunch of snow comes pouring over my windshield. I know im supposed to do the top, but its kind of hard to reach so I just do what I can reach easily. im not being sarcastic, it makes things a little more fun when it happens.
Costco - Snow Joe Snow Broom 2-pk customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey