Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 08:25 AM

3 posts, read 4,318 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are looking for some recommendations for a buyers agent in Denville, Morris county.
Thank you in advance!

~eli
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 08:38 AM

550 posts, read 965,921 times
We used Christine Nagy of Coccia Realty. A colleague recommended her to us and we were happy. She's out of East Hanover, which is Morris County, so it wouldn't hurt to at least give her a call:

Cell: 973.615.9878

christine nagy

Denville's a nice town.

Good luck!

Old 03-01-2014, 03:59 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,454,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradivarius View Post
We used Christine Nagy of Coccia Realty. A colleague recommended her to us and we were happy. She's out of East Hanover, which is Morris County, so it wouldn't hurt to at least give her a call:

Cell: 973.615.9878

christine nagy

Denville's a nice town.

Good luck!
Although I am certain the agent you are recommending is wonderful, I cannot help but be concerned as to how familiar with Denville she is. Especially since Coccia Realty specializes in serving Bergen, Essex, Hudson, and Passaic Counties. With all of the flooding and related issues Denville has, I'd think the OP would want someone with extensive expertise specifically on Denville to help navaigate a potential home purchaser in what areas to avoid all the problems that the flooding brings. There are entire neighborhoods that do not flood, but are cut off from access when flooding occurs due to closed roads. Not to mention all the areas that do flood and require flood insurance. Also one would want to avoid any home with well water and/or septics that are in or adjacent to areas prone to flooding. IMHO the OP needs someone with extensive long term knowledge of Denville.

KoalaNJ

Old 03-01-2014, 07:09 PM

550 posts, read 965,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaNJ View Post
Although I am certain the agent you are recommending is wonderful, I cannot help but be concerned as to how familiar with Denville she is. Especially since Coccia Realty specializes in serving Bergen, Essex, Hudson, and Passaic Counties. With all of the flooding and related issues Denville has, I'd think the OP would want someone with extensive expertise specifically on Denville to help navaigate a potential home purchaser in what areas to avoid all the problems that the flooding brings. There are entire neighborhoods that do not flood, but are cut off from access when flooding occurs due to closed roads. Not to mention all the areas that do flood and require flood insurance. Also one would want to avoid any home with well water and/or septics that are in or adjacent to areas prone to flooding. IMHO the OP needs someone with extensive long term knowledge of Denville.

KoalaNJ
Hence my comment, "...it wouldn't hurt to at least give her a call." Didn't necessarily say OP should use her...I thought Christine was honest and very knowledgeable about Morris County (where her specialty town of East Hanover is situated), so I'm sure that if she wasn't the best fit, she can recommend someone else.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:04 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradivarius View Post
Hence my comment, "...it wouldn't hurt to at least give her a call." Didn't necessarily say OP should use her...I thought Christine was honest and very knowledgeable about Morris County (where her specialty town of East Hanover is situated), so I'm sure that if she wasn't the best fit, she can recommend someone else.
Any decent agent can do a flood analysis of an area. That should not be a show stopper. Honesty and ethics come first, the rest can be researched.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:25 PM

302 posts, read 2,231,693 times
Marilyn Bailey with Prudential NJ Properties Realty in Denville. Over twenty five years in the business. I can vouch for her personally.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:01 PM

3 posts, read 4,318 times
Great! Thank you very much for your input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey