Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 08:11 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,626,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Even though the things I do are legal I had a post of mine deleted in another thread about the same thing. So I can't share it on CD apparently. Even though moderation in NJ section seems to be a lot more laid back on this than in the PA section.

If you do some research on your own you can find out how you can protect yourself.
How about a private message then. It shouldn't break any of the TOS rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 09:17 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,661,915 times
Quote:
radar I will have ample warning
So you're the guy going sideways with the brakes locked up?

Old 03-12-2014, 09:18 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
is there a flux capacitor in that car?

Old 03-12-2014, 09:39 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
is there a flux capacitor in that car?
Maybe!

Old 03-12-2014, 10:02 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,584,927 times
In the 1980's when I worked in the satellite microwave industry we had a fellow engineer who had built what he called a "brake tester". In a low profile tissue box on his dashboard he had enough electronics, mostly some microwave RF oscillators so that if he hit a button on his dash it would set off radar detectors and make other drivers hit the brakes.

He also claimed you could take a TWT, traveling wave tube, and build a gadget that would spin a radar signal around reamplified so that it would burn out the front end diode in radar guns. End result would be the radar cop had to bring his gear back to the shop, but I'm not sure if that was ever built or was just idle chatter since it would take a bit of professional expensive earth station gear to McGyver that contraption.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
In the 1980's when I worked in the satellite microwave industry we had a fellow engineer who had built what he called a "brake tester". In a low profile tissue box on his dashboard he had enough electronics, mostly some microwave RF oscillators so that if he hit a button on his dash it would set off radar detectors and make other drivers hit the brakes.

He also claimed you could take a TWT, traveling wave tube, and build a gadget that would spin a radar signal around reamplified so that it would burn out the front end diode in radar guns. End result would be the radar cop had to bring his gear back to the shop, but I'm not sure if that was ever built or was just idle chatter since it would take a bit of professional expensive earth station gear to McGyver that contraption.
You can trigger the radar detector with such devices but people who own radar detectors and know how to use them properly will not be alarmed. I know exactly when to ignore or pay attention to my detector. Not to mention the detection technology has gotten a lot smarter to ignore false alarms.

Cops who think this equipment and technology out there doesn't work are just plain downright ignorant. And for me it is good they stay that way and keep doubting it. Keeps legislation against such counter measures a very low priority not that I would care either way since my install is stealthy.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:35 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,661,915 times
Quote:
equipment and technology out there doesn't work are just plain downright
ignorant
Instant on pulse mode cannot be detected by any radar detector made today. It can't detect what isn't there. So driver's thinking they are invincible because they spent several hundred dollars on electronics could also be called "ignorant"

Anyone who knows the slightest bit about the operation of the unit leaves it in the standby mode until a target that is exceeded the speed limit by a substantial amount is sighted at which time a lock up is preformed in less than a second. Reactions aren't that fast unless one drives the entire time with their foot posed over the brake pedal and even then they aren't going to be that fast. Thinking you are is only kidding yourself.

Even the newest of drivers can do that with ease. Usually that's the person with a car load of electronics that thinks they have the edge.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Instant on pulse mode cannot be detected by any radar detector made today. It can't detect what isn't there. So driver's thinking they are invincible because they spent several hundred dollars on electronics could also be called "ignorant"

Anyone who knows the slightest bit about the operation of the unit leaves it in the standby mode until a target that is exceeded the speed limit by a substantial amount is sighted at which time a lock up is preformed in less than a second. Reactions aren't that fast unless one drives the entire time with their foot posed over the brake pedal and even then they aren't going to be that fast. Thinking you are is only kidding yourself.

Even the newest of drivers can do that with ease. Usually that's the person with a car load of electronics that thinks they have the edge.
That's what you think, you are wrong. They are specific tactics you are supposed to use in addition to the radar detector that make your equipment instant on or not useless. I will still pick it up when you hit other vehicles. And I always make sure I have a rabbit(the bait) in front of me to give me fair warning. How many times must I repeat to you that even despite driving a disgusting amount every year I have never received a ticket. So yes my setup is highly effective and thanks I do feel invincible!

Hit me with laser and I will just laugh at you smacking your gun thinking something is wrong with it.

I won't discuss the other modifications to my vehicle in this thread though as I mentioned earlier in the PA section the same discussion was deleted.

Are you a cop? If so you just proved my point. And you have provided me with some entertainment by thinking you have the edge because of your instant on radar. Clearly you have no idea what consumer products are available and how people are supposed to use them to be effective.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:28 PM

233 posts, read 225,636 times
keep the regulated speed and you won't need anti-radar equipment.

My only speeding ticket was obtained at Jersey shore in 1954...... I learned a lesson well.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:55 PM

78 posts, read 88,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Keep dreaming?

You don't even know the technology rigged up on my vehicle so why would you even make this sort of comment. Laser isn't going to get me and radar I will have ample warning and I am somewhat protected against it. I have never gotten a speeding ticket in my life thanks to these counter measures. I enjoy watching cops trying to pull my speed and struggling to get it until I turn my equipment off.

Even cops are impressed by my setup and have asked me how well it works.

I blow through your state all the time buddy on my way to North Conway.
lulz at all your silly, meaningless and childish comments. I have an even better anti-radar system I BET YOU!!!

Last edited by pimpninja; 07-27-2014 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Update
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: