Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 03:21 PM

32 posts, read 45,683 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Can anyone help me?I'm moving to Basking Ridge from IL.My daughter was born on November,30th.

Is there any school in and around Basking Ridge that has kindergarten enrollment cutoff as December 1st?

In IL, there are many schools that have different cut off dates.Was wondering what options I've in New Jersey.If there are no schools in NJ with cutoff as December,are there any schools in New York with cutoff date as December,1st or after that and it is commutable distance to Basking Ridge.

Please advice.Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 03:52 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,452,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmmet View Post
Hi,
Can anyone help me?I'm moving to Basking Ridge from IL.My daughter was born on November,30th.

Is there any school in and around Basking Ridge that has kindergarten enrollment cutoff as December 1st?

In IL, there are many schools that have different cut off dates.Was wondering what options I've in New Jersey.If there are no schools in NJ with cutoff as December,are there any schools in New York with cutoff date as December,1st or after that and it is commutable distance to Basking Ridge.

Please advice.Thanks in advance.
Most school districts in NJ have a Sept or early Oct. (as in Oct 1st) cutoff, and no district I know of, no matter how much you plead will test for early admittance. I know of only one district that has a late Oct cutoff, none later. Your best bet is to pay and attend a private kindergarten for a year, and then many schools will admit your child into 1st grade, though many districts will not enroll for 1st grade even if the child has completed kindergarten, they insist the child successfully completes 1st grade.

KoalaNJ

Old 03-16-2014, 06:04 PM

200 posts, read 554,836 times
Agree with Koala, Basking Ridge is October 1st as is Somerset Hills which covers Bernardsville, Far Hills and Peapack Gladstone. I think Bedminster too.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:15 PM

32 posts, read 45,683 times
Thanks for the information.Could you please let me know which public schools in. Basking Ridge will consider for first grade if my kid attends kindergarten in private school? Also,does the private school need to be a Montessori school or any non Montessori private school?
Please let me knowing you have the details.
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-19-2014, 06:58 AM

206 posts, read 532,261 times
Tmmet, why wouldn't you just call the board of ed to find out? Even if someone on a message board sounded like they knew the answer, there's no way i would base my decision on that. I think its highly likely that all four township elementary schools will have the same policy, but you can easily confirm what that policy is by calling the township board of ed.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:04 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,522,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen123RE View Post
Agree with Koala, Basking Ridge is October 1st as is Somerset Hills which covers Bernardsville, Far Hills and Peapack Gladstone. I think Bedminster too.
Different districts. B-Ville/Peapack/Bedminster are in another district which go to Bernards High School come 9th grade. Part of Far Hills lump into the BR district.

Basking Ridge = Liberty Corner, Lyons, Basking Ridge proper, and select parts of Millington, Far Hills, and Martinsville. All of the "The Hills" falls into the district as well, despite the large scale development being closer to Bedminster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey