Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 07:31 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I don't normally read the New Jersey forum, but the title of this thread caught my eye. I hate to say this, but the whole attitude of….
Here is another:

Another arrogant, intolerant, self-righteous New Yorker complains that the whole world doesn't share their narrow-minded world view. Ho hum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Hard to believe a Type A personality was reluctant to dress down a couple of shop girls.
If the story is true, you're more of an AH than the average physician.
And, you wonder why so many people hate those cheap, miserable, SOB MDs?
If you didn't pay cash, karma may well be a 6!+<k!

Aren't there any shrinks on your staff? Show one this thread. Imagine the meds you could get.

Almost everyone may agree that you are an AH.
You sound very angry.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:41 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You sound very angry.
With you, yes. You're a petty, bitter, little man. Get over yourself.
Just imagine, if some thug had shot you in the head for your Range Rover.
Your wife is probably banging the pool guy.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
With you, yes. You're a petty, bitter, little man. Get over yourself.
Just imagine, if some thug had shot you in the head for your Range Rover.
Your wife is probably banging the pool guy.
I'm actually not bitter about anything. If that is what you are getting from this, you are wrong. People sometimes accuse me of being too happy. I see REAL pain and suffering on a daily basis, so I never let anything superficial bother me too much. When I was looking through those clothes, I was doing so with a smile on my face. There was no bitterness involved. If anything, you are the one who seems bitter, angry, and unhappy. No?

Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,024,975 times
A&F has ARYAN politics! Yes you heard right! They will NOT hire you UNLESS you have blonde hair and blue eyes!

Old 03-24-2014, 07:50 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
As I said, the last time I was in the store, they were selling mini craps tables and mini pool tables, not clothes. It was a long time ago. I was in the mall with the intention of buying jeans, and they were advertising jeans, so I went in. I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit that I don't keep up with fashion. It's not really my thing. I do like the jeans I got there though, even though they may have been designed for someone much younger.
I am a bit older than you and I shop in stores designed for younger guys. The clothes are just cooler. The best place to buy jeans is UniQlo. Yes, that was spelled correctly. There's one in Garden State Plaza. Great store! Their jeans are super soft, awesome looking, and one of the few places where I can find the size 31x34 in nearly all styles. All the jeans are in neat stacks in cubby holes or on tables with sizes clearly marked. You don't have to rummage. It's right there on the fold. $40/$50 each. They are Japanese, so they are cut slim, so you might have to size up a bit. Awesome jeans though. They also have some nice shirts, a lot of nice dress socks arranged on a wall in all kinds of colors.

The store personnel don't bother you at all, but you don't need their help. I've never seen a store so organized with sizes readily apparent and easy to find. Well lit also, so you get a true sense of the colors.

Last edited by Marc Paolella; 03-24-2014 at 07:59 PM..

Old 03-24-2014, 08:14 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Hard to believe a Type A personality was reluctant to dress down a couple of shop girls.
If the story is true, you're more of an AH than the average physician.
And, you wonder why so many people hate those cheap, miserable, SOB MDs?
If you didn't pay cash, karma may well be a 6!+<k!
What does this even mean?

The sales girls/employees of A&F at a high end mall had expectations of the size of his bank account based on how he was dressed.

It has nothing to do with his profession.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
bigjake fancies himself a macho macho man

Old 03-24-2014, 08:19 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGuy View Post
Why would you make a mess intentionally? Doesn't that make you as immature as they are? Really?
It's not the customers job to re-fold.

They do it wrong 100% of the time anyway.

Take that from someone who worked in a retail clothing store (Victoria's Secret) while in college.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:20 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Sigh. If I have to explain the joke ...
When they saw him trashing the racks, perhaps thoughts of hacking his c/c number danced through their heads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
bigjake fancies himself a macho macho man
Nay, Captain! http://images.clipartof.com/small/11...or-Clipart.jpg
I would have approached the staff and asked for assistance. Then, quietly left, when they gave me directions to the Big & Tall shop!

Last edited by bigjake54; 03-24-2014 at 08:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey