Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 11:16 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

oh and speaking of snobbery, recently my wife was telling me how she saw some signs opposing a heritage village in Middletown. its basically subsidized housing for poor geezers. it made me think that as offended as some people may be by some things I say, I am nothing compared to these people that hate poor people so much that they are willing to go to local meetings and stand up and yell "ill be god damned if any poor people move into my neighborhood!" im just saying stuff on an anonymous forum, these people are yelling it in public among people that live around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 11:20 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpf723 View Post
I think the issue most ppl have is that the sales associates at least have some sort of an excuse for their behavior in that they're young, paid bupkus and mentally immature.

Anesthesia is a 45yo (I'm assuming) highly educated doctor with years of experience dealing with different people, strangers and environments. He is (as he proclaims) a community leader, recognized in his profession, a family man, and is generally very happy (almost too happy?) with his life. I don't really see any excuse for that type of behavior from someone like that. Imagine your children being at the store with you and seeing their father intentionally make a giant mess because he wasn't given the attention he felt he deserved without having to ask for it...

The perception (and response from the forum) is made worse by the fact that Anesthesia actually condones and thinks this behavior was appropriate (or is just being stubborn about it). If the community doesn't think it was appropriate, so what, he doesn't care, he'll continue to be immature (his own words) and other people just need to deal with it. Which kind of begs the question, why even post something like this to begin with?
Why? I figured it's something to talk about. Nothing more, nothing less. I knew it would be controversial, which makes it a little less boring than your typical "to which town should I move" post. In my opinion, some people take life a little too seriously, like the poster who acted like I was taking hostages at A and F. People may disagree with me, and that is fine. In fact I welcome it. I don't think the "community doesn't think it's appropriate". Maybe some don't. But some do. That's the definition of controversy. And who knows, maybe next time those kids (they were both male btw, though people assume they were female) will decide, it is less work to help the next person find what they are looking for, than it is to clean up after them.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
Quote:
I think the issue most ppl have is that the sales associates at least have some sort of an excuse for their behavior in that they're young, paid bupkus and mentally immature.

Anesthesia is a 45yo (I'm assuming) highly educated doctor with years of experience dealing with different people, strangers and environments. He is (as he proclaims) a community leader, recognized in his profession, a family man, and is generally very happy (almost too happy?) with his life. I don't really see any excuse for that type of behavior from someone like that. Imagine your children being at the store with you and seeing their father intentionally make a giant mess because he wasn't given the attention he felt he deserved without having to ask for it...

The perception (and response from the forum) is made worse by the fact that Anesthesia actually condones and thinks this behavior was appropriate (or is just being stubborn about it). If the community doesn't think it was appropriate, so what, he doesn't care, he'll continue to be immature (his own words) and other people just need to deal with it. Which kind of begs the question, why even post something like this to begin with?

Uh, "the response from the form" was hardly unanimous, and you hardly speak on behalf of "the community".

Geez, lighten up a bit. He was annoyed and reacted a bit immaturely as he admits. He wasn't suggesting that it's the best course of action in all dealings. Once in a while, people blow off a little steam, no one go hurt.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Uh, "the response from the form" was hardly unanimous, and you hardly speak on behalf of "the community".

Geez, lighten up a bit. He was annoyed and reacted a bit immaturely as he admits. He wasn't suggesting that it's the best course of action in all dealings. Once in a while, people blow off a little steam, no one go hurt.
Thanks, and to add to that another point I was trying to make is that the people who never blow off steam are the ones with the real problems. They just don't know it. They would rather assume other people have "issues" while they are the ones with the real issues because they hold everything inside. "It's not OK to be immature some times"? Seriously??? What boring lives some people must lead.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:32 PM

I have trouble relating to the issue because I always get attention from sales associates.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:58 PM

973 posts, read 1,452,940 times
I think AF is just like. I went there in 2009 when I was dating this guy. He was decked out in designer clothes. No one helped him. The two girls working there even talked to him. I literally think the SA job at AF is folding clothes and working the registry. In my experience, which is limited with them, they refuse to go in the back to get things.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:00 PM

I don't have to try on pants. back in the early days of our relationship, my wife would wrap the waist around my neck and that was some technique to know if they fit. these days, she just gets them for me. then I try them on and tell them she needs to return them. then she refuses and I say "its coming out of your budget!" and she says, fine.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:10 PM

220 posts, read 379,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post

Whether the negative response was universal or not is besides the point, there clearly were people who didn't agree with his actions. I was more curious on why he would post a controversial, debatable topic for discussion but when faced w/ negative criticism, respond w/ basically "I know I'm immature, it wasn't right but I'm going to do whatever I want, I'd do it again". It seems like the immaturity extends beyond the pants dropping that occurred at the mall.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Whether the negative response was universal or not is besides the point, there clearly were people who didn't agree with his actions. I was more curious on why he would post a controversial, debatable topic for discussion but when faced w/ negative criticism, respond w/ basically "I know I'm immature, it wasn't right but I'm going to do whatever I want, I'd do it again". It seems like the immaturity extends beyond the pants dropping that occurred at the mall.
That's where you are wrong. You are incorrectly reading into what I said. Yes I said it is immature, but I never said it wasn't right.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Again, if what I did is shocking and reprehensible to you, you definitely need to get out more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey