Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 02:25 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,433 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

well come the 1st of the year my family and I will be residents of S. Plainfield, NJ. My partner has already found a nice condo (our ideas of nice are different but I'm hoping) so now all I have to do i pack up here.

One thing I wanted to know from you all is what the best provider for cell usage? Here we have metro pcs but it's not available there.

I'm not concerned with who had the best plans $ wise but who has the least dropped calls and best signals. I had Cingular before and despite what the commercials said when I got in a populated area around lot of other phones and pcs and radio waves or microwaves or static waves the damn thing would drop calls.

Any info would help as I need to get my phone before we leave so we can get an ATL number. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,098,143 times
I have had them ALL:

T-Mobile
Verizon Wireless
Cingular Wireless
AT&T Wireless (A Few Years Ago Before Cingular)

With all of that said, the best is CINGULAR. They are moderately priced compared to the most expensive (Verizon) but the service is better than all. I had T-Mobile for years beforehand and then moved to Cingular. It is night an day. If cost is an issue, I would say to go with T-Mobile because the service is good but nothing compared to Cingular. I have had my Iphone for several months and only had no service about 3 times!!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:03 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
I have had them ALL:

T-Mobile
Verizon Wireless
Cingular Wireless

With all of that said, the best is CINGULAR. They are moderately priced compared to the most expensive (Verizon) but the service is better than all. I had T-Mobile for years beforehand and then moved to Cingular. It is night an day. If cost is an issue, I would say to go with T-Mobile because the service is good but nothing compared to Cingular. I have had my Iphone for several months and only had no service about 3 times!!
What's old is new again - Cingular is again AT&T Wireless. I've been a customer since 94, so obviously have no first hand comparison of other providers, but I've really never had an issue. The rollover minutes are nice insurance, and free calls between subscribers keeps my usage down a lot.

I'm drooling for an iphone, LOL.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:56 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,809,148 times
I've had them all and Verizon works best for the areas I live/travel in.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:17 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
We have had Verizon, T-Mobile & Cingular and Cingular is the leader to us in clarity, least dropped calls.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:18 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
I have had them ALL:

T-Mobile
Verizon Wireless
Cingular Wireless

cingular is now AT&T and I agree that they have top service

Old 12-06-2007, 04:51 PM

828 posts, read 3,138,455 times
I must be missing out on something.
I have had Verizon and, although the phone range was pretty good, their customer service was the pits.
Now I have TMobile for the past year. Their customer service is excellent, but I do encounter a dead spot here and there.
Between the two, TMobile is better.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:45 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
I've had AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon in NJ, and they were all pretty much the same, with Sprint's drop rate being just a bit higher than the others. Overall though, there's so many towers in NJ nowadays that there's very few dropped calls- even in some of the hillier areas. IMO, go with whoever's got the cheapest plan and you should be fine.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:19 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I've had AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon in NJ, and they were all pretty much the same, with Sprint's drop rate being just a bit higher than the others. Overall though, there's so many towers in NJ nowadays that there's very few dropped calls- even in some of the hillier areas. IMO, go with whoever's got the cheapest plan and you should be fine.
I don't agree, AT&T, verizon, sprint in that order offer the best coverage, Tmobile has way too many gaps in their coverage, I would say go for coverage then price, the phone is useless if you don't have service

Old 12-06-2007, 09:22 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,098,143 times
Yes Verizon has gone down now. Go with Cigular/At&T wireless!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: