Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:34 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,472,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I think it was more His mid life crisis not retirement!!!!! HA HA There is one career he could have had here, its drinking Keystone Light the cheap 30 pack with the neighbors!!! They dont even have good German Weiss beer. He told me today with a smile he will not miss Keystone Light and Nascar!!!

I hope I made everyone laugh, but thank god, we did not do the Upper Paw Paw Road. That was an earlier post. I mean this whole deal was like a bad IFC/SUndance movie. Similar to Afflication. You gotta laugh!! Let me say I have lived alot of life and still laughing. Now let me go pay for this lousy title insurance.
If I was 43 and all I had to look forward to were endless years of Keystone Light, I'd go nuts, too. I was sick of that crap by the middle of my freshman year of college...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 12:14 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,476,741 times
yes but we did not realize that this is the only beer pretty much. I did not know they made Keystone Light back then!! Boy is that crap lousy. He honestly did not realize how bad it could be!! Endless years of Keystone Light, ohh my lord we just cant stomach it anymore!!!!! And the really sad part is the neighbors actually get drunk of this crap.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:27 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,345,296 times
stevemorse, you are one cool, tough and savvy lady. Blessings to you, and to your husband who's lucky to have you!

Old 12-09-2007, 04:30 PM

OHHHHHH Thank you!! I am not looking for praise, but thanks. I am just happy that we can get on with our lives. I mean its pretty bad when come home and your husband tells you and this is the truth, he was thinking about bringing the bbq inside to gas himself. I mean this was suppost to be fun, retire , fish, hike and I am coming home from work here this crap. I mean I just said it aint worth it.

Thanks for your support Southlander!! I appreciate it. Its snowing up here, and I noticed that the place where they keep the propane tanks outside are covered in quite a pile of snow to open the top of the container. This is a good thing.

Honestly the more I go over in mind what happened the more I just can't help but laugh. Its so crazy. Now he is going back to his job, and maybe I will get some peace. Thanks again, be in NJ soon. Marilyn

Old 12-10-2007, 07:17 AM

146 posts, read 505,083 times
Welcome Home !

Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 AM

13,372 posts, read 28,615,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheSellsNJ View Post
Welcome back to NJ. Wow, you are one patient and kind-hearted wife! Small world, I live in Oak Ridge; and now I see that we have another Jefferson Twp. poster on the forum too. We moved here two years ago from Bergen County and love it.

We should meet at the Milton Inn (or the Wearhouse Grill) and have a drink. LOL. Anyway, hope your home inspection goes smoothly.
Yup..Jefferson as well but closer to 20 years for me...lots have changed in those 20 years lol

Old 12-10-2007, 07:45 PM

85 posts, read 304,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Thanks both of you above. Yes my husband is a good man, at least the mid life crisis was only a move , not posting on craigslist for 20 years old.
I would love to meet you for a drink, we really are a lot of fun to be around, a little harmless crazy, responsible but crazy. When I close maybe we can PM each other She Sells. You know what I do need is a great gym in the area. What I look for is a lot of weight equiptment. I need a full gym with all the weights and machines. Maybe I will throw that one out for the crowd. Thanks again Marilyn
Well I almost showered hot coffee over my keyboard reading that comment! LMAO! Yep, when you're done unpacking send me a PM. BTW, I'm Antoinette.

As for a full gym, there's a new place on RT 23 S in Franklin; not that far up from you in Lake Stockholm. I drove past it this Saturday so not quite sure what they have...they are offering kickboxing, which if you're inclined is AN AWESOME WORKOUT!!! I don't think I've ever experienced anything more rewarding than that (or painful). Oakridge Martial Arts offers an EXCELLENT kickboxing program which I was involved in but had to give up cuz it just didn't work with my schedule. They start at 9:30 am and finish at 10:30-11:45. There goes my day...but WOW what an awesome experience. I've seen some ladies from my old class around town and they've kept with it and look amazing. Hmmm, I'm practically talking myself back into attending again...LOL

There is no Bally's type gym as far as I know around here. How about a Shape Express? Not sure what they offer but they're on 23 just beyond the Oak Ridge Road jughandle.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:49 PM

85 posts, read 304,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Yup..Jefferson as well but closer to 20 years for me...lots have changed in those 20 years lol
Wow, 20 years!!! Yes I can just imagine the many changes. All the new construction for one. AND THE TRAFFIC. My husband and I used to come up here to fish the reservoir and never saw the traffic we see now. It's the migration of the other counties seeking a better lifestyle...

Old 12-11-2007, 04:33 AM

SheSells, thanks, I am going to look at the one on 23 and also a bigger gym in Wayne/Butler. Now that I am going back to nj and he has his job I will haver my dayfree to look around. I need a lot of weights, so something like an express gym would be out. I got into very heavy weight lifting, for example on St. Patricks day this year I was squatting 185 lbs. I was on my fourth set, and lost my footing and broke two vertibrea in my back. I am fine now, wore a brace for 12 weeks neck to hip, took no pain killers and still managed to isolate my lower back and go to the gym and lift!!! I will say this for Bergen County, the owner of the gym, let me lift with a back brace on, now that was pretty cool of him!!! So I am kinda crazy huh??? I got to a level that made my head feel so good lifting weights, I just can't explain it. I am not big either, just a strong person. Thanks, when I get set up I will and I mean it, I will PM you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey