Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 12:24 PM

11 posts, read 111,655 times

Advertisements

HomeHunters.net, etc.? They're these apartment search "services" that I see advertise on Craigslist where you pay a fee (nominal compared to Realtors' fees) and they set up appointments for you to see various different places. Does anyone have any experience with these services? Are they scams?

Old 10-24-2006, 03:53 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times
Unless you are set on getting a luxury apartment, I can't imagine why you would want to use a fee-for-service apartment hunter. If you want an expensive apartment, pick up one of those free Apartment Guides they have at every grocery and convenience store. If you want a cheap apartment, check whatever newspaper is local to the area you are searching in.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 5,935 times
Thumbs down Don't use njexr!

Hello,
This company is a scam! First of all we paid them $150 to find us an apartment. They promised to send us emails every week with listings in the areas we wanted to live. They never sent us any emails. I called numerous times to find out when i would receive an email and she kept saying something is wrong with our email but we'll send it as soon as it's fixed. They also said they would look up any available apartments in the areas we chose in the meantime and call us back. This never happened. We have never received any emails as promised nor have they ever called us to tell us about any apartments. We were promised appointments to see apartments and we never saw one apartment through this company. I feel that this business is a scam because we never got anything out of these people and recently a friend told me that she was going to sign up with a company to do the same. I asked her about the company and she told me she had to pay the same amount of money and i looked it up and this company relocated from Garwood to Montclair, NJ and is doing the same thing to more people. The new name is nexjr. When we signed up it was called NJ Rentals. Check out Better business bureau to see their rep it's not to good. Please try and find an apartment on your own or if you must get a Realtor. But don't waste your money with these people.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:37 PM

3 posts, read 17,695 times
Default i used Njexr.com 2 times in the last 5 yrs..it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by MElizH View Post
HomeHunters.net, etc.? They're these apartment search "services" that I see advertise on Craigslist where you pay a fee (nominal compared to Realtors' fees) and they set up appointments for you to see various different places. Does anyone have any experience with these services? Are they scams?
i used this company a couple of times and i had a very good experience?

Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Default I Used njexr.com 2 times in last five years!

They found me a beautiful 1 bedroom apartment at a fair price, right on a golf course, that was in 2000.........then i got married and my wife had we had a son in 2005 so we needed a vigger place.....they helped me again at no cost and we found a nice 2 bedroom in Nutley........any questions send me an e-mail.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnychica View Post
Hello,
This company is a scam! First of all we paid them $150 to find us an apartment. They promised to send us emails every week with listings in the areas we wanted to live. They never sent us any emails. I called numerous times to find out when i would receive an email and she kept saying something is wrong with our email but we'll send it as soon as it's fixed. They also said they would look up any available apartments in the areas we chose in the meantime and call us back. This never happened. We have never received any emails as promised nor have they ever called us to tell us about any apartments. We were promised appointments to see apartments and we never saw one apartment through this company. I feel that this business is a scam because we never got anything out of these people and recently a friend told me that she was going to sign up with a company to do the same. I asked her about the company and she told me she had to pay the same amount of money and i looked it up and this company relocated from Garwood to Montclair, NJ and is doing the same thing to more people. The new name is nexjr. When we signed up it was called NJ Rentals. Check out Better business bureau to see their rep it's not to good. Please try and find an apartment on your own or if you must get a Realtor. But don't waste your money with these people.
You need to do your homework...i check out what you said and they are 2 completely diffrent companies.....

Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 AM

8 posts, read 41,725 times
Default Horrible business

Not only have they continued to threaten me with scare tactics but they have also tried slamming my business. The are strange people. I feel bad for the people who are just trying to find a home.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 5,607 times
NJexr is a complete scam. I ended up having to take them to small claims court. Did anyone take them to court? The BBB was useless in regards to getting my money back. It has been a long process but I want my money back!

Old 05-22-2007, 07:45 AM

26 posts, read 125,269 times
I just want to clear one thing up. Generally, landlords pay the real estate agent's commission. It is usually 1/2 month rent. If the agent shows you an apartment or other rental unit that is not listed, they can either get a "show letter" from the landlord where he/she agrees to pay the commission or you can pay the commission as a tenant.

Besides some of these companies are Realtors and some are like FSBO, or actually rent by owner advertising companies.

Tracy

Old 05-23-2007, 12:19 PM

67 posts, read 335,513 times
Default EZRent.com

I used EZRent.com a few years back and found a terrific apartment in Bergen County. I would recommend EZRent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey