Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:12 PM

400 posts, read 791,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniekosar19 View Post
this realtor is not out to rob you, just not representing your interests at all; let's not hyperbolize.
That being said, yes, find a new house and find a new realtor; ask your friends and family for recommendations for an agent you can think of as trustworthy and qualified to represent your best interests.
Good luck in your search!
I agree that the realtor isn't there to rob you. As said here, however, it's best to find somebody representing your own interests!

I feel like you have two options with this particular house: say thanks, but no thanks and don't think twice about it, or check it out and (should you like it) cons up with a fair offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 01:34 AM

4 posts, read 5,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthayakobchuk View Post
I agree that the realtor isn't there to rob you. As said here, however, it's best to find somebody representing your own interests!

I feel like you have two options with this particular house: say thanks, but no thanks and don't think twice about it, or check it out and (should you like it) cons up with a fair offer.
the realtor knows our financial situation and knows we can afford the house. She is giving us a take it or leave it offer and she is talking tough now. She has claimed the seller is not paying her.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyessex View Post
the realtor knows our financial situation and knows we can afford the house. She is giving us a take it or leave it offer and she is talking tough now. She has claimed the seller is not paying her.
Definitely best to leave it. Don't know why a realtor would be tough on her own clients! I don't know why she had to add in that they aren't paying her... Is she not making any commission in this sale then? Will she make any if she brings a buyer (you) to the table? Who will pay her then?

Just reread your initial post. There's definitely nothing driving them to sell. Leave it, if you think the price is unfair.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:45 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,006,487 times
Quote:
If this agent does not have an exclusive listing agreement with the seller, then stop talking to her. Talk to the seller directly. Without a formal agreement in place, this agent is not representing anyone, and you are making a mistake discussing anything with her.

For example, how does she know what you can afford? You've already done way too much talking. Stop talking to her and approach the seller directly. You are making mistake after mistake.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
If this agent does not have an exclusive listing agreement with the seller, then stop talking to her. Talk to the seller directly. Without a formal agreement in place, this agent is not representing anyone, and you are making a mistake discussing anything with her.

For example, how does she know what you can afford? You've already done way too much talking. Stop talking to her and approach the seller directly. You are making mistake after mistake.
I'm not sure that you understand why OP is talking to this realtor...

Quote:
we used a realtor for a house we liked 3 months ago but the house did not work do to underground tank. Now we get a call on any other house from realtor and she says it is not listed and she is working for the seller but they are not paying her. they had purchased the house from the realtor and are now listing it with many upgrades/renovations. So she wants to sell it to us but tells me that if we do not buy it the seller will just hold on to it. She knows it would be a great house for us but I think she is deliberately overpricing it as she knows it meets all our criteria. I am tempted to just never use the realtor away as she is giving me a take the house at the offered price or the seller will not sell. Any opinions appreciated. I think the house is overpriced by 50K.
OP's very first sentence answered your question. The realtor already knew this stuff, OP didn't necessarily discuss it regarding the sale of this house.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:15 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,580,083 times
whats that web site where you can search for anyone's address and see who owns it, how much they paid, what they pay in taxes, etc. in new jersey? I usually find it by google searching it and now it doesn't seem to be coming up in a search. stupid me didn't add it to my favorites.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
whats that web site where you can search for anyone's address and see who owns it, how much they paid, what they pay in taxes, etc. in new jersey? I usually find it by google searching it and now it doesn't seem to be coming up in a search. stupid me didn't add it to my favorites.
Njtaxrecords.com has some good info. I also think njparcels is another one...

Old 04-21-2014, 05:52 PM

988 posts, read 1,735,470 times
Quote:
Is this the only house on the market? If not, tell the agent to sod off, call up her managing broker (if one) to complain vociferously about her terrible customer service and high-pressure tactics, find the tax info of the owners of the house, give them a call and see if you can't work out a deal amongst yourselves. They're not supposed to be represented by the agent, correct? So there's nothing legally binding anyone to that agent.

Spring is here and a lot more inventory should be hitting the market; this house is not the only game in town.
And, for pete's sake, stop communicating with her!

Old 04-23-2014, 06:29 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,956,832 times
Quote:
Have you signed an agency agreement with the agent? If so, tell him/her they're fired, if you haven't then technically they work for the seller and I wouldn't allow that to happen to any of my friends/clients. I was up here looking at Jersey and happened across your posting (my brother lives in Brick), sorry to butt in, but it doesn't sound like the agent has your best interests at heart, if you are in an agency agreement with said agent, then they hold the DUTY to keep your best interests at the forefront. Therefor I'd let them know they're fired, and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey