Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 09:44 AM

69 posts, read 223,330 times

Advertisements

Thanks every one - I called the court and told them to reschedule. They said they are going to reschedule for 90 days and they are going to mail a letter this week. Few questions
1) Does this mean they already rescheduled it?
2) or Does it mean they are going to mail a reschedule letter for which we need to respond ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 09:46 AM

69 posts, read 223,330 times
This for Middlesex County Superior Court, NJ

Old 04-28-2014, 09:54 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1975 View Post
Request to be excused from Jury Service Denied

I received Junior Juror Summons letter and I responded back online saying "I am travelling internationally and relocating to a different state, Please exclude me from NJ juror list"

After few days I received another letter saying my request to be excused from jury service has been denied and I need to call night before my reporting date to find out I find need to attend as juror

I have few questions
1) I need to travel overseas during the summon date, how can I request them for a different date?
2) I am relocating to a different state after summon date, when can I request them to exclude me from NJ juror list?
3) What happens If I miss jury duty?

Thanks for your help in Advance
tell them that you do not recognize their authority and that if they try to force you to serve on jury duty there will be a range war.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:07 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1975 View Post
Thanks every one - I called the court and told them to reschedule. They said they are going to reschedule for 90 days and they are going to mail a letter this week. Few questions
1) Does this mean they already rescheduled it?
2) or Does it mean they are going to mail a reschedule letter for which we need to respond ?
You will need to read the letter they send you...

Old 10-01-2014, 07:51 AM

155 posts, read 371,932 times
Hey guys,

My question is almost identical. I'm in Camden County, received a jury summons. I filled out the questionnaire and asked for a postponement because I will be on vacation the week they summoned me.

I just got the denial letter, which is a first for me.

Am I able to "Re-Request" a postponement. I'm legitimately not going to be here during that week?
Does the re-request require a phone call?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:56 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,864,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog15 View Post
Hey guys,

My question is almost identical. I'm in Camden County, received a jury summons. I filled out the questionnaire and asked for a postponement because I will be on vacation the week they summoned me.

Am I able to "Re-Request" a postponement. I'm legitimately not going to be here during that week?
You should just call them instead of asking random people on the internet from a thread six months old.

They are the only people who can give you real answers.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:06 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,848,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog15 View Post
Hey guys,

Call them. They may request to see proof that you'll be travelling that week, i.e. plane ticket, hotel reservations.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:18 PM

155 posts, read 371,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
You should just call them instead of asking random people on the internet from a thread six months old.

They are the only people who can give you real answers.
Excellent!

Thanks so much.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:52 PM

180 posts, read 344,772 times
YES - call. I have never had a problem getting out of Jury Duty, but I always call them directly. '

I've also served on Jury Duty lots of times, but the last time I was summoned I had a newborn at home and did not have alternate childcare. The time before that I was very sick and in the hospital - they are really understanding in those circumstances and took care of it immediately over the phone.......

Good Luck - they should just reschedule you.........

Old 10-02-2014, 12:59 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,770,959 times
You sure you asked for a postponement and not to be excused?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey