Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 08:06 AM

2 posts, read 8,536 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are new to this board. We are in the process of searching for a house. Yesterday we visited Old Bridge specifically Foxborough Village. We really like the look of the community, but would like you to offer some more information regarding this town and community (ie, schools, transportation to NYC). Anything you can offer will be appreciated.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 01:05 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,097,752 times
Not a problem. Old Bridge is a large town but has just about everything that you could need. Close to highways, decent schools, nice sections, and decent home prices. With the link below, you should be able to find all that you need:

Old Bridge Township, New Jersey - Old Bridge Home

Old 12-10-2007, 01:10 PM

364 posts, read 826,492 times
How is Old Bridge High School? Is it safe/challenging enough? I have read that there are drugs issues..is that true?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:59 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
How is Old Bridge High School? Is it safe/challenging enough? I have read that there are drugs issues..is that true?
old bridge is a large town with many different parts, for the most part it is middle class but some sections are at the lower end of the spectrum and there are even some very poor people in town. All those people mix at the HS and like many public schools drugs are present, there is no escaping it regardless of the town's level of affluence.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 PM

17 posts, read 124,361 times
I love Old Bridge myself but mostly for the events at Raceway Park.
I am not too sure where you are lokoking but just a note to have you realize that the Raceway Park holds a few events each year that gather ALOT of traffic but they are few & far between...
Just wanted you to be aware of the Park is all. Good luck with your search !

Old 12-10-2007, 09:44 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,978,149 times
You might also want to pay a visit to the town on a Saturday while there is racing going on at Raceway Park. I can't tell you how many times I've heard of folks who move to the Englishtown/Old Bridge area who don't do their homework and eventually end up writing letters to the editor about how they need to close the track! It's kind of like people who move next to railroad tracks and then complain that the train runs by their house...

Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJ44 View Post
My husband and I are new to this board. We are in the process of searching for a house. Yesterday we visited Old Bridge specifically Foxborough Village. We really like the look of the community, but would like you to offer some more information regarding this town and community (ie, schools, transportation to NYC). Anything you can offer will be appreciated.

TIA
If this is a new house, the builder will give you an estimate of the taxes per year, which it does not even resemble what you will pay. Get ready to pay the highest taxes in the nation. Good luck,

Old 12-16-2007, 09:51 PM

11 posts, read 41,855 times
Default Old Bridge

In Old Bridge you have both ends of the spectrum. You have the newer construction homes which are around 600k to 750k (taxes are from 11k to 16k or higher) and you have more affordable developments where you can find a single family home for 300k (or even lower). It's very diverse and it appeals to commuters because of the easier commute. Many people originate from New York. The worst thing about the town is the fact that there are alot of apartment complexes that house seniors and low income residents. My daughter goes to James Mcdivitt and she is one of six white children (out of 19). I am not racist but I was taken back by the element. This towns' demographics according to city-data.com indicates that this town is 80% white. This school is an excellent school, but the children are still very young. I am not going to be comfortable in the middle school and high school where all of these students are blended together. Let's face it..low income residents expose our town to more crime. You will not get as much of this element in towns like Marlboro because there aren't as many apartment complexes. It's overall a decent town to live in but I assure you that I'm gone before Sandburg !(the middle school) The town has many great qualities and the schools at the elementary level are good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey