Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2014, 04:30 PM

13 posts, read 24,483 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Im am looking to move to Westwood ( Mill St specifically) this spring/summer, but am a bit concerned about commuting to Manhattan.
What is the cost and schedule like for the train to Manhattan.
What is the cost for the monthly NJ bus pass.
Is there an Express NJ transit but to from Westwood fro Port authority?

I live in North Bergen currently and regarding NJ transit, coming back into NJ during rush hr is crazy ..such unreliable service, those lines are ridiculous most times. Is it any better to commute to Westwood using NJ transit Bus.

2. I have a 4 yr old that will attending public school soon. How good are the schools in Westwood?
I would really appreciate any advice, tips and anything you can share with me regarding Westwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 11:52 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,852,540 times
Try NJ Transit's "service near a location"
New Jersey Transit

Type in your new home address & see what it gives you regarding buses.

The Pascack Valley Line stops at Westwood Station & goes into Hoboken. At Hoboken you can get the PATH train to the City.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:03 AM

24 posts, read 40,193 times
I lived in Westwood almost 18 years, my wife about 40. we just moved to Arizona in October. All the kids went to the schools. Your gonna love it. The schools are good, downtown is great. You have nothing to worry about. If you have any questions let me know.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:31 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
During Rush Hour theres the NJT 165FP which stops at Mill Street and 3rd Avenue , 165T and 165R which you get in Downtown Westwood. Coach US runs routes 46 , 14K, 14ET , 11T, 11AT to 42nd Terminal from the Downtown Westwood stop....you also have the train station. For Access to Lower Manhattan its best you use the train to Hoboken and switch to the PATH which takes about 70mins... The Bus could push that to 90 to 120mins.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:10 PM

13 posts, read 24,483 times
The train would be more reliable than the bus, because waiting for the bus at Port Authority is ridiculously long most times. ( at least for the Gate 212, which is what I take to get me to North Bergen/Wall Street right now.

Does Pascack Valley Train Line include a transfer to the Path at Hoboken? or do I have to purchase two separate monthly passes , in addition to my Metro Card?

Old 05-04-2014, 06:00 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,852,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellieandco View Post
The train would be more reliable than the bus, because waiting for the bus at Port Authority is ridiculously long most times. ( at least for the Gate 212, which is what I take to get me to North Bergen/Wall Street right now.

Does Pascack Valley Train Line include a transfer to the Path at Hoboken? or do I have to purchase two separate monthly passes , in addition to my Metro Card?

When I take NorhtEast Corridor (NJ Transit) train to Newark & transfer for the PATH I have to have a NJ Transit ticket & also buy a Metro Card to use to get on to the PATH train.

I would assume the same is true for all the NJ Transit train lines.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:44 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellieandco View Post

2 Separate passes that you can both easily put in your wallet. The PATH Smartcard allows for seamless tapping and entering the system. You can reload at home on your account...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey