Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 1,434 times

Advertisements

My family and I moved to 07882 (Washington township) in July 2013. We love it, however this town needs a target or walmart. It's not that driving 30 mins in bad but for people like me with a big family it is not the most convenient. As said, I love it here but this town could use a few more things. There are so many Dunkin donuts and not one Starbucks. I would also love to see a panera bread here or a friendlys. Not sure any of this will ever happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 08:46 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,395,557 times
Target and Walmart are atrocious. Don't you have any other local stores that fit your needs? I avoid both places at all costs.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:51 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Starbucks is actually picky about where they put stores. I remember when they really started to expand over a decade ago. We were living in Clifton and the town was trying to revitalize the Main & Clifton Ave area. Starbucks was asked and they declined even though the foot traffic is pretty strong there.

Years later they put one in a strip mall on Rt 3. Kind of defeated the idea of bringing back the downtown area.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:53 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
Target and Walmart are atrocious. Don't you have any other local stores that fit your needs? I avoid both places at all costs.
Honestly no. There is not one clothing store or shoe store unless you want used clothing from a consignment shop. Downtown Washington consists of the following types of businesses, give or take a few:

antiques
furniture
flooring
pharmacies
restaurants like pizza and Chinese
convenience stores
delis
hair salons
nail salons
barber shops
shoe repair
banks
doctors
dentists
dry cleaners

If you need services other than what I have written above, you need to travel to Mansfield or to P'burg. They have Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Kohl's, Panera etc. and a small indoor mall.

Washington does have a TSC (Tractor Supply Company). But if you're not a redneck or a farmer, it's pretty useless.

To the OP - I wouldn't really bet on getting a Target or a Walmart anytime soon. Welcome to Warren County anyway, and if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
There'a a WallyWorld (WalMart) where NJ31 meets I-78. Actually that's one of the first ones in NJ as I remember, was open way before the others got built.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:36 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Washington does have a TSC (Tractor Supply Company). But if you're not a redneck or a farmer, it's pretty useless.
Tractor Supply is only useful to wannabe Rednecks and farmers. If you're a real farmer/rural dweller it's pretty useless.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:28 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,452,645 times
There is a Walmart SuperCenter located not very far at all from you in Mansfield on Rte 57. According to google maps it is just under 9 miles from downtown Washington to the Walmart. No need to drive far. There are also several other stores in the vicinity, such as 2 grocery stores, (ShopRite, Weis) a Home Depot, and a Marshalls. If you go a couple of miles further and into Hackettstown there is a Target and a Lowes. Those are just the large stores I can think of off the top of my head, there are many more small stores in those strip malls.

HTH
KoalaNJ

Old 05-06-2014, 04:58 PM

807 posts, read 1,032,468 times
And there is a Starbucks in Mansfield, only 10 minutes from downtown Washington.

It's not the lack of stores in this area that is annoying, its the lack of places to eat. Not one good seafood place withing 40 minutes.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:51 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
There'a a WallyWorld (WalMart) where NJ31 meets I-78. Actually that's one of the first ones in NJ as I remember, was open way before the others got built.
That's in Clinton and farther than the Mansfield one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Tractor Supply is only useful to wannabe Rednecks and farmers. If you're a real farmer/rural dweller it's pretty useless.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred44 View Post
It's not the lack of stores in this area that is annoying, its the lack of places to eat. Not one good seafood place withing 40 minutes.
No doubt. No seafood at all. But H'town has gotten some more interesting restaurants lately. The Indian/Pakistani place is pretty good, as is the Brazilian rodizio/BBQ. The owner of Pandan Room, the Thai fusion place is opening a second restaurant soon that will be Vietnamese.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:52 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Wannabe redneck? I've never seen one of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey