Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 07:00 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,851,625 times

Advertisements

Due to a change in our health insurance I have to switch to a different optometrist. Does anyone have experience with any of these three eye doctors?

I want an optometrist that does a careful & thorough eye exam, and takes the time to ensure that new lenses are accurate.

The Princeton Eye Group
419 N Harrison St
Mindy R. Berger

Outlook Eyecare
100 Canal Pointe Blvd
Margaret Ritterbusch

Princeton Fleming Eye Insitute
601 Ewing St Ste
Dr. Sini George
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 08:00 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,052,594 times
We have used the Princeton Eye Group for many years.

Dr. Liu for lasix and cataracts.
Dr. Reynolds for Graves.
Dr. Berger for contacts.

So far no complaints.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
We have used the Princeton Eye Group for many years.

Dr. Liu for lasix and cataracts.
Dr. Reynolds for Graves.
Dr. Berger for contacts.

So far no complaints.

Thank you for answering.

If I go there I'd see Dr. Berger.

Does she take the time needed in the exam to really get the prescription correct?

I ask because I used to see a great optometrist, but for 2013 we got new insurance, so I chose someone new from a very short list & the exam was a joke. Very dissatisfied.

I was so happy when hubby's work changed vision plans again & this one has a somewhat better list of docs (but still not the doc I used to use.)

Appreciate your input.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:50 AM

417 posts, read 455,375 times
Can't comment on the optometrist aspect, but I have used Princeton Eye Group for years (yes lasic surgery with Dr Michael Wong) and seen a few of the others. It impresses me as a very high quality outfit so I would be comfortable using an optometrist they affiliate with.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salonva View Post
Can't comment on the optometrist aspect, but I have used Princeton Eye Group for years (yes lasic surgery with Dr Michael Wong) and seen a few of the others. It impresses me as a very high quality outfit so I would be comfortable using an optometrist they affiliate with.
Thank you. I will probably try Dr. Berger.

It would be so much simpler if all doctors accepted all the insurance plans !

Old 05-21-2014, 10:16 AM

1,184 posts, read 4,044,370 times
Late to the convo., but my parents and I have been patients of Outlook Eyecare for more than a decade.

In the case of Dr. Ritterbusch, I have found her professionalism and thoroughness is exceptional. One of the values I find with her is that she will take time to understand what you are using your eyes for in terms of business and personal life before making any recommendations about possible lenses for glasses or types of contacts.

Separately, Dr. Grabowski has been equally professional for my parents' eyesight. They are in their 80's. When they needed cataract surgery, the manner in which he took time to explain how the surgery would take place and answer any and all of their questions was professional and set their minds at ease.

Further details on their practice can be found at New Jersey Ophthalmologists & Optometrists.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNYYfan View Post
Late to the convo., but my parents and I have been patients of Outlook Eyecare for more than a decade.

In the case of Dr. Ritterbusch, I have found her professionalism and thoroughness is exceptional. One of the values I find with her is that she will take time to understand what you are using your eyes for in terms of business and personal life before making any recommendations about possible lenses for glasses or types of contacts.

Separately, Dr. Grabowski has been equally professional for my parents' eyesight. They are in their 80's. When they needed cataract surgery, the manner in which he took time to explain how the surgery would take place and answer any and all of their questions was professional and set their minds at ease.

Further details on their practice can be found at New Jersey Ophthalmologists & Optometrists.

Hope this helps.

Glad to hear. I was considering Dr. Riterbusch because it's very convenient. Taking into consideration the kind of work I do with my eyes is something my old optometrist did. He also took the time in the exam to make sure the RX was perfect, he never rushed the exam.

Sounds like I'll have to choose between Dr. Riterbusch & Dr. Berger.

Thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey