Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 06:24 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
4 miles from 16 W is far?
For White Castle, 4 blocks is too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 07:09 PM

414 posts, read 930,545 times
Sure do miss the White Castle we had here in South Jersey

But I can get to the one in New Brunswick in 1 hour and 10 mins! Hmm?? Crave Case of 30 for the win! Damn, they even have a Crave CRATE with 100, whoa!

Old 05-31-2014, 07:57 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
Ambushes be damned! And while I've yet to try the new Paramus location, Shake Shack knows what they're doing. Does the Paramus location have beer? Beer is important...

Burgers for all.
Not sure. But Burgerfi on George St. in New Brunswick does and their burger is as close to Shake Shack as I've had in these here parts.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:04 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,134 times
Have too many of these rat burgers and they will lead you to the most intense stomach pains of all time. Just visit McDonald's instead.

Whenever I go back to the yeast coast, I have to be completely f-ed up to visit a white castle. Plenty of other places to eat at that are authentic to the east (like pizza.)

Old 06-01-2014, 05:24 AM

414 posts, read 930,545 times
The amazing, awesome and tasty White Castle burger is clearly not for the faint of heart (or for those with sensitive tummies).

IF you've got the wolf in you and can devour a ton of those imitation sliders from other places (but said to yourself, there has GOT to be better out there!)...Then, you and White Castle have a destiny!

Follow the dream!

Old 06-01-2014, 07:25 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
The amazing, awesome and tasty White Castle burger is clearly not for the faint of heart (or for those with sensitive tummies).

IF you've got the wolf in you and can devour a ton of those imitation sliders from other places (but said to yourself, there has GOT to be better out there!)...Then, you and White Castle have a destiny!

Follow the dream!

Except they tend to look more like this:

or this http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SdAZRJgoZ3...+chicago+2.jpg
or this http://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/3...2eae0aed_m.jpg

And leave you feeling: http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_c...part_image.jpg

Old 06-01-2014, 08:07 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,451,207 times
Wow - thanks everyone for all the opinions/suggestions. I was not expecting this to reach 3 pages at all! Some of those other burger places do sound good, and would be great if I found myself in Jersey again. However, I know WC won't be the greatest burger.... we're not looking for that. It's more just to say that we tried a WC. Besides, at this point we'll be like 4 hrs away roughly and just want a quick stop and want to get back to CT and settle in. Also, we are traveling w/ pets so we would have to eat in the car. Not leaving them in the car w/ windows cracked.

This is actually more for my hubby. He kind of joked around about stopping at a WC on the way up, and since I was I am on this forum, and it's full of tips I decided to ask to get info regarding it.

Pizza is actually my normal to go to food. Love pizza, and love trying new local places. That is one thing I am looking fwd to about moving back is being like 2 1/2 hrs away from NYC and all the great pizza places up there. NYC would be great for a day trip.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:58 PM

334 posts, read 731,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
I once went with my kids to one around Orange NJ and I tell friends it was like a fine restaurant. .. you wait 45 minutes to get served.
That's an aberration. I usually go a couple times a month in the summer and usally spend about 10 min in and out.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:15 AM

312 posts, read 685,813 times
What is the deal with White Manna? Is it affiliated with White Castle in some way?

Old 06-03-2014, 05:56 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
I guess White Castle is OK for those folks who don't like the high class hamburger joints like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey