Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 01:40 PM

24 posts, read 47,238 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the Siena condo building in Montclair? Googling comes up with many news reports about lawsuits filed back in 2010 and 2011 due to shoddy constructions/leakages/plumbing issues. But I can't find any followup info about that in the past 3 years.

Has it improved or should it be avoided? I'm surprised that there aren't other similar places to rent/buy right in that downtown area unless you gravitate toward Bay Street Station. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 12:19 PM

390 posts, read 1,367,780 times
I've heard the same as you - cheaply built and mold problems. The thing is an eyesore and just looks cheap. Sad part is the same company just got the okay to build another development on Valley Road and Bloomfield Ave. They're greasing the right palms for sure.

A shame too, because it's a prime location. If they were built better, and fit into the town's architecture better, they would be a great addition to the neighborhood.

By similar places, do you mean new construction? If so, then no, there's not much downtown, as its thankfully, mostly a protected historic district. New construction is largely centered around the Bay St area. Downtown you're looking at lots of beautiful old homes (larger just south of Bloomfield Ave, smaller just north of it) as well as some apartment buildings and garden apartments built in the 30's and 40's - usually because they knocked down some beautiful old homes to build them (hence why it's protected today).

You'll occasionally see units or sale here, part of a small, tasteful condo development right downtown built around an exisiting home: 66 S Fullerton Ave APT 12, Montclair, NJ 07042 - Zillow

And the new condos right off of Bloomfield Ave in Glen Ridge look really nice, both the ones behind the Starbucks, and these, north of Bloomfield Ave: 16 Edgewood Rd # TH5, Glen Ridge, NJ 07028 is For Sale - Zillow

I've also heard good things about the new Parkway lofts built into the old factory in Bloomfield: Baristanet | Your Local, Homegrown Online Community Since 2004 - Covering Montclair, Bloomfield, Glen Ridge, West & South Orange, Maplewood, Millburn

Old 09-03-2014, 06:16 AM

1 posts, read 3,463 times
The Siena has had a troubled structural past but building codes for new construction require the builder to correct problems. In my opinion you want to be careful absorbing the negative reports and innuendo in a forum such as this. Building codes for Montclair new construction include building set backs and height limits among other restrictions. These are followed in the case of the Siena. Esthetic opinions of individuals stated here may not have agreement with everyone. Following the transfer of ownership of condo inits in the building, one can see an answer to the original question, what's the latest information? When it comes to building in Montclair, the negative opinions abound from the very vocal few. Good luck being diligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey