Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 638 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I am a new member to this forum, I usually just browse around; but, my fiancé and I are at a bit of a loss. We had our heart set on a house in Kings Grant and we found out that the area lost its USDA and FHA certification. Much of Kings Grant has, except for a few. We found out 3 weeks before settlement. We were heart broken.
We would love to find another house in the kings grant community. We have been riding the trails of Kings Grant for a few years, we love the beach, and the friendly community. We are both young and this area offers a lot of activities to do for its community members. We fell in love with Kings Grant as much as we did the house.
While I wish we could sit around and wait for the perfect house to pop up, time is becoming essential. I moved back with my parents specifically to save money for a house while I continue for my masters. The plan was for my fiancé and I to save one more year; however, we saw this great opportunity with no money down and it just made sense. Unfortunately my parents are selling their house and now moving is essential.

I say all of that to give some background to my situation and to ask if there are other communities similar to Kings Grant in its community activities, local trails and lakes. Not too far away from the Burlington, Camden, Gloucester County area. We have a small price range as I am not working at full capacity. So, in the $130k range would likely be the max. We cannot put down 20% either, USDA and FHA would be preferred but as long as conventional at 5-10% is acceptable were ok. The plan was always to purchase a house within this price range. We want our first house to become an investment property. We wanted to enjoy life and not be strapped down by our payments.

Sorry for the rant, any and all help would be great!! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 03:39 PM

324 posts, read 575,324 times
Try posting in the South Jersey forum. When you do though, it would be helpful if you provided more information about what you're looking for and less information about your background.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey