Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 06:50 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,807,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I don't know about WW being in a far better league of any other town in NJ. You've got East Windsor right there....
I live east of East Windsor and drive to route 1 corridor to shop, and there seems to be enough of a divide between the two townships mainly due to still "undeveloped" land and parks in between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 06:51 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Where will you work, and how important are entertainment/shopping/restaurants to you ?

Monroe is more or less semi rural outside of Forsgate. West Windsor is a wealthy suburban neighborhood. I would go with west windsor, due to better schools and entertainment options. Monroe is better once your kids move on to college and you want peace, quietness, and green fields around yourself. But in terms of shops/entertainment/restaurants and other stuff, you need to drive quite far. Most new folks I know are Asians on the verge of retirement.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:45 PM

4 posts, read 3,873 times
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I know its never a easy decision but we went with Monroe(Toll Brothers Monroe Chase) after considering the new construction/ close to turnpike and Good Elementary/Middle school ratings. High School is something we have to wait and see. WW we tried but really never liked any house. (with our budget).

Old 06-22-2014, 04:54 PM

And Another thing that our decision was based is the community itself. We met lot of families who bought there and their kids age was pretty much same as our kids and we thought it would make a good friendly environment for our kids. And also they have Amenities like Tennis, Club house, gym, Swimming pool. (Monthly cost though).

Old 06-22-2014, 06:00 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,807,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongazer1234 View Post
And Another thing that our decision was based is the community itself. We met lot of families who bought there and their kids age was pretty much same as our kids and we thought it would make a good friendly environment for our kids. And also they have Amenities like Tennis, Club house, gym, Swimming pool. (Monthly cost though).
How much is the association fee?

Did you also look at KHov's Orchards at Monroe?

Old 06-22-2014, 06:14 PM

I think its around $250. (Lawn mowing included & Snow Removal Included).
yes We saw Khov Orchards. We wanted something more than 3000 sq ft and we did not like the model they have with that size. And they also have association fees close to 250$.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:19 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,241 times
650K+ options for a 3 bedroom home in Monroe w/$250 monthly maintenance fee. WOW

Old 06-28-2014, 01:36 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,024,975 times
New houses are ugly.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:08 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
I am not sure I got that right. Are you suggesting that they were happy with Somerset schools but not with WW schools? And they were getting a bigger house in WW for the same $$ as Somerset?

There is no comparison between both the towns. Really. Both are in different leagues. WW being in a far better league.
What league are you talking about? I didn't know Somerset had it's own school system. Do you mean Franklin Twp in Somerset Co or do you mean the schools in Somerset Co?

Since Somerset County is one of the wealthiest counties in the country the quality of schools goes right along with that.

WW was developed much later than Somerset Co. and generally cheaper to buy than Somerset.

I agree that WW is not in the same league at the towns in Somerset CO. One is loaded with old money the other is loaded with people who have yet to make their money.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:37 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,024,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Since Somerset County is one of the wealthiest counties in the country the quality of schools goes right along with that.
Not necessarily. I would think "one of the wealthiest counties in the country" would have a good majority of its people paying for private education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: