Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 03:36 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
I don't see the ones that drive fast, only the ones in the left lane who don't move over even if there is a caravan of 10 cars behind them.

+1

In addition to NYers usually being the oblivious left lane hogs who drive slower than those who are passing them on the right, NYers typically also have the...wonderful...habit of stopping in the left lane of highways such as Route 1, in order to make left turns where it is clearly posted, NO TURNS.

If I saw a NYer who drove at least at the speed limit, and who also had at least average driving skills, I would be delighted. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any of them...yet.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 04:54 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times
I always find it funny how people who drive fast cars are always driving the slowest on the highway. There is always some dude in a BMW or Camaro driving 50mph while everyone else in the Corollas are flying past.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:07 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
I find that NY drivers are usually slower too. But that could be because you are more likely to notice the license plate on a slow car, as you are stuck behind them as opposed to a fast car, where you are not. I'm sure I have been behind plenty of slow NJ drivers too, only since I am always looking at NJ license plates, it doesn't register as anything out of the ordinary. I would imagine that is why a New Yorker, like the OP, would think it is the NJ drivers going slowly. It's always the "idiot from another state" that catches your attention.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:22 PM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,955 times
Many Jersey drivers have malice. When they see a NY driving faster, they get in front, they want to control our lives. One of my co-workers even admitted it. "You should not be driving fast. Slow the fff down."

When I first drove in NJ, I was shocked when people would give me the finger for honking at them. Why are youse so sensitive?

My wife also got her first license in NJ, and she still is a terrible driver. How come every slow poke on the left lane has a Jersey plate?

Old 06-23-2014, 06:32 PM

118 posts, read 160,794 times
I find a lot that the slow NY drivers live in Manhattan and aren't used to driving a lot...especially not on "confusing" and fast New Jersey freeways.

At least, in my first hand experiences. I remember going out to New Jersey with a Manhattan friend of mine a month ago. And yes, she was crawwwwling in the left lane with her high-performance Mercedes super-car. Always wonder what the heck the point of that car was if she's going to drive like grandma.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:13 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
New Jersey is actually scarier because you got speed mixed in with tailgating and the usual a*s-hattery. Especially on the major routes like 46, 17, 208, etc. I'd say it's a toss-up between New Jersey and Chicago for stupid/aggressive driving.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:07 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,588,795 times
Scary MY foot. New Yukkers are smart if they can operate an elevator,,,gee whiz. I have 3 words for them,,,,like the match book cover says:
Learn To Drive,,,, Do It TODAY

Old 06-24-2014, 06:54 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Many Jersey drivers have malice. When they see a NY driving faster, they get in front, they want to control our lives. One of my co-workers even admitted it. "You should not be driving fast. Slow the fff down."

When I first drove in NJ, I was shocked when people would give me the finger for honking at them. Why are youse so sensitive?

My wife also got her first license in NJ, and she still is a terrible driver. How come every slow poke on the left lane has a Jersey plate?

Do you sh#t your pants when you come to a traffic circle?

Old 06-24-2014, 06:59 AM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Do you sh#t your pants when you come to a traffic circle?
You shouldn't be worried about a NYer being street-smart, as I am not worried about a Jersey guy being stick-smart.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Hello my fellow NJ people. I just have a question. What do you guys think of NYers who goes to NJ and drive fast? Do you guys get angry or is it ok?

I feel about the same as I do towards any other driver on the road.

I have more of an issue with NYers trolling around on the NJ board just to stir it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: