Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 09:03 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,933,171 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have a wedding to go to next weekend and we're staying at the "Drifting Sands" Hotel right of the beach down in Ships Bottom.

We plan on getting down there late morning next Thursday... anyone familiar with the area for a good place to have late breakfast or lunch? How about good places for dinner?

What are the foodie "hot spots"? .... any local input would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 09:59 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
this coming weekend or 4th of july? I was closer to beach haven when I went to LBI. I liked Uncle Will's for breakfast. The chicken or the egg is more popular and always busy, probably be packed on 4th of july weekend (not that I think its anything special myself). the blue water café seems to be popular for lunch. I went there a couple of times but I don't remember it too well. for dinner, I like raimondos. my mom always loved la spiagga but I find it very expensive for what you are getting. most places are pretty expensive.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:07 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
raimondos is basically across the street from where you're staying. jayson's pancake house (about 2 blocks away) for breakfast. the greenhouse is good also (again about 2 blocks). the plantation (surf city, need to drive) for drinks is good. i've had a good meal there but apparently it's inconsistent. la spiaggia right before you leave the island on the causeway is excellent. it's walkable but i'd drive. the arlington is a nice atmosphere, i didn't care for the menu but people love it. it's walkable. howard's for seafood. chicken or the egg is good for comfort food and wings. there's no shortage of good eating on lbi.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this coming weekend or 4th of july? I was closer to beach haven when I went to LBI. I liked Uncle Will's for breakfast. The chicken or the egg is more popular and always busy, probably be packed on 4th of july weekend (not that I think its anything special myself). the blue water café seems to be popular for lunch. I went there a couple of times but I don't remember it too well. for dinner, I like raimondos. my mom always loved la spiagga but I find it very expensive for what you are getting. most places are pretty expensive.

4th of July Weekend... sorry I should have specified! I have to imagine it could be pretty busy for the holiday but we didn't pick the wedding date! hehehe...

Chicken or the Egg I heard was a hot spot... we'll certainly try to check it out!

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 06-25-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
raimondos is basically across the street from where you're staying. jayson's pancake house (about 2 blocks away) for breakfast. the greenhouse is good also (again about 2 blocks). the plantation (surf city, need to drive) for drinks is good. i've had a good meal there but apparently it's inconsistent. la spiaggia right before you leave the island on the causeway is excellent. it's walkable but i'd drive. the plantation is a nice atmosphere, i didn't care for the menu but people love it. it's walkable. howard's for seafood. chicken or the egg is good for comfort food and wings. there's no shortage of good eating on lbi.

Thanks! I'm writing all this stuff down so I can remember, hehehe.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:18 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
more: buckelew's (american casual), bisque (love), roberto's dolce vita (italian). thanks for making me long to go to lbi! LOL

be prepared to wait, go to chicken or the egg at an off time.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
more: buckelew's (american casual), bisque (love), roberto's dolce vita (italian). thanks for making me long to go to lbi! LOL

be prepared to wait, go to chicken or the egg at an off time.

LOL... sorry I've given you that "itch"! lol... it's our first time heading down that way so I'm excited for a nice extended beach weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey