Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 03:15 PM

18,456 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
West Orange family is devastated by this vile crime & want as little publicity as possible.
I'm sure the Newark family is just as devastated as the Livingston family. I don't buy that as a reason though. How does this bring less publicity? If anything, 2 murders attracts more attention, not less. Plus, I can't see the family requesting this of the prosecutors office. The prosecutors office must have had some motive. I just don't know what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 03:26 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't buy that as a reason though.
I can only repeat what I was told.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:59 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
I'm so glad these horrible people were caught. It sounds like a completely random thing too - wrong place and wrong time. Where does the world find such trash?

Old 08-05-2014, 05:43 AM

544 posts, read 1,526,590 times
Four suspects, all above 18.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:48 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Reading this made me sick to my stomach at the depravity of these thugs.
Those poor kids...just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I wonder what other havoc that monster from Seattle may have commited on his cross country trip to NJ..highly doubt he flew here.

I am truly hoping Washington has the death penalty and it applies to the two homicides he committed there.

RIP sweet kids and many many prayers for your families.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:11 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,395,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
Four suspects, all above 18.
3. one was arrested in the other murder of that young woman in Newark.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:14 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,395,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post

I wonder what other havoc that monster from Seattle may have commited on his cross country trip to NJ..highly doubt he flew here.

I am truly hoping Washington has the death penalty and it applies to the two homicides he committed there.

That man truly sounds like a sociopath. Not to "justify" the robbery, but it sounded like the other a$$hats were simply trying to rob the kid, and this guy just opens fire. i dunno, maybe tevlin didn't give up his stuff quickly enough for that sicko's brain, just tragic.

Washignton State has the death penalty. 3 instances of lethal injection have been used. Amazingly, in 1994, they held their last hanging.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:52 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
That man truly sounds like a sociopath. Not to "justify" the robbery, but it sounded like the other a$$hats were simply trying to rob the kid, and this guy just opens fire. i dunno, maybe tevlin didn't give up his stuff quickly enough for that sicko's brain, just tragic.

Washignton State has the death penalty. 3 instances of lethal injection have been used. Amazingly, in 1994, they held their last hanging.
I wonder who has precedent Washington or NJ.

Hope it's Washington, extradite him there and be done with him, save the taxpayers money.
Unfortunately that won't spare the family a trial as you still have the other two cretins.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:58 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post

Agree. I was mostly angry when I read the article, though, because of how senseless the murders were. For an iPhone in the case of the Newark girl and some undisclosed belongings in Brenden's case? I'm guessing some money, maybe his phone, what else could Brenden have had on him at the time that was so valuable? A watch? Nothing major, that is for sure, as he was returning from a friend's playing video games late at night in the family Jeep, so for him to die for stuff like that is just unreal. So terribly sad and frustrating. I hope these animals get the death penalty for these murders and any other they may have committed. Disgusting. It's times like these when I wish we could execute people the same way their victims lost their lives - shooting them each 8 times in a car for example. See how they like it, eye for an eye, though if they're sociopathic it won't matter to them.

An article I read said that the recent high school graduate of Newark, sorry I can't remember her name, was planning to study nursing at Union County College this fall. It's possible she was to have classes at the Cranford campus, and I live in Cranford. This kind of information hits close to home, knowing if she wasn't senselessly murdered, she quite possibly could have been walking around my town attending classes this fall, studying to become a nurse. It's just so sad that was taken away from her for an iPhone. I can't understand stuff like this but then again I don't have the mind of a criminal. At least they finally released an explanation for these killings, it as bothering me since it happened.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:48 AM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post

He does, it sounds like he just likes to kill people. We should test out some Ebola treatments on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey