Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 06:37 AM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times

Advertisements

Been up for 3 hours. Just realized it is Saturday and not Sunday. Now I feel happier

This happen to anyone else? Or should I be looking into Nursing Homes

ps: No I didn't drink booze on the 4th, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 06:45 AM

839 posts, read 1,208,849 times
Same thing here. Thought it was just me but when I told my wife she said the same thing. Awesome that's its only Saturday.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:07 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
Yup, same here. Thought it was Sat. all day yesterday. Was out for my morning run and there was nobody on the road, which made it seem even more like Sun.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:16 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
It must be catching. When my wife woke me this morning I thought it was to get ready for church. Nope! she needed a ride to work! LOL. Half asleep still I said, "since when do you work on Sunday? I worked out well in the end. I stopped by a yard sale on the way home and bought an awesome leather coat for $10.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:09 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
A few Presidents ago, don't remember which one it was anymore, one of them stated the goal was to have us humans work 4 days a week instead of 5 as usual.

Somehow that idea got lost in the "sauce" of the rest of life, but 99% of the time many of us put in 10 hours anyway, so most of us are already owed it.

3 days instead of 2 days to get things done around the house , I think that would help the economy out too, people would have more time to buy stuff and fix things up.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:49 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
A few Presidents ago, don't remember which one it was anymore, one of them stated the goal was to have us humans work 4 days a week instead of 5 as usual.

Somehow that idea got lost in the "sauce" of the rest of life, but 99% of the time many of us put in 10 hours anyway, so most of us are already owed it.

3 days instead of 2 days to get things done around the house , I think that would help the economy out too, people would have more time to buy stuff and fix things up.
Due to a specific project, I worked from May 27 until July 3 with exactly four days off--meaning four Saturdays. We had to work weekends, so I gave my one and only report the choice. He took Sundays off (he has a little kid and that just worked out best for him and his family.) Most days were 8 to 8. Some were longer. A few were shorter. Until yesterday, my last previous day off was June 22. Last weekend we worked all weekend long.

This is the first time since Memorial Day weekend that I have had two consecutive days off. And I've got another one tomorrow!

I kept thinking yesterday was Saturday so it was nice to wake up today and realize I have another day coming. I've spent the last hour going through the mail that has accumulated in the past month. Most goes into recycling. I did check each day or every other day for anything important along the way, but most of my bills and whatnot are paid online now.

Due to unforeseen issues with this project, we know we have some more work coming. My boss, the Marie Antoinette type who knows we are working six or seven days a week but complains to me that she is late on Fridays getting up to her lake house in Sussex County because she is called to meetings by HER boss, made some hints about how maybe the rest of the summer is shot...Um, NO. Just NO. I AM taking my scheduled vacation no matter what, and if you whine about it, I will a) call in sick, or b) RETIRE. I just need to give the retirement system fifteen days notice.

This workaholic culture is especially grating when there are those who don't actually DO any work but insist that those who report to them go the extra mile, or 20. I work for such a person. If someone held a gun to her head and told her she had to write a basic memo, she'd be dead. Her punctuation errors alone are cause for punishment.

So today, since there are apparently going to be restrictions on swimming at the beach, I think I am going to hang around and clean up my condo and weed my garden. It's so nice to just be home.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:26 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
And to me, Friday felt like Sat.

Ain't 3 day weekends grande.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:14 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,848,287 times
Yup, kept thinking Friday was Saturday. Today feels like Sunday.

Nice to look forward to "another Sunday" tomorrow.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:53 PM

839 posts, read 1,208,849 times
Yes and last night I was looking for the TV shows I watch on Saturday and when i could not find them I realized it was Friday. The as I said woke up today thinking it was Sunday,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: