Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 08:25 AM

6 posts, read 9,333 times

Advertisements

Anyone live there? I was interested in renting there because the apartments look beautiful on the website but I found a review online from a resident saying that the building is terrible and that they hate it. Anyone know what's up with this place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 01:20 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,288,927 times
I lived in Fort Lee for many years, and know Edgewater very well -- although I don't know about this building.

I suggest call one of the top real estate brokers in the area. If you want a recommendation, let me know off-line and I'll recommend one who will give you an honest, unbiased, objective -- and truthful -- opinion/information.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,520 times
I toured the Infinity Edgewater this past weekend. The leasing staff is very strange. At first they seemed totally uninterested. I literally had to harass them to set up a viewing. During the actual viewing, the agent was very pushy and seemed dishonest and rushed. Honestly, the guy just made me feel uncomfortable.

The actual apartments are beautiful. All the finishes and appliances are top of the line. Unfortunately, the building does not offer a doorman which was a deal breaker for me. I work very long hours and currently rely on my doorman for handling deliveries, maintenance requests, letting in visitors, ect. A doorman is truly invaluable and I am surprised that a building would call itself luxury without one. I could not live without a doorman.

If you don't need or value a doorman, Infinity Edgewater may be right for you. I would suggest looking at some other communities, though. You can rent in a doorman building for the same price as they are charging here or look at other non-doorman buildings for much cheaper. Basically, I found it overpriced for not offering a doorman.

I would suggest the St. Moritz just around the corner. It is actually managed by the same company as Infinity but seems to be a genuine full-service luxury building. In addition to the doorman, Moritz offers a pool, children's room, shuttle to ferry and has a better gym. Also, rents are about the same!

Old 07-09-2014, 03:07 PM

6 posts, read 9,333 times
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

The review on Apartment Ratings also mentioned the lack of a doorman and major issues with the leasing office.

Thanks for suggesting St. Moritz, it sounds like a much better building than Infinity. The only thing people seem to be complaining about at St. Moritz are the utilities costs. I think I'd rather pay a bit more in utilities than live in a pseudo-luxury building.

Any other feedback? Maybe from some who actually lives at Infinity?

Old 09-26-2014, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,282 times
I toured the Infinity Edgewater yesterday and hope to move in next month. My perspective is a little different from others' in that I've never lived anywhere that has a doorman. In fact, the idea is foreign to me.

I thought the sales staff was very nice. I did not find the salesperson who showed me around to be pushy in the least. He's not as funny as he thinks he is but that's okay.

Every new business has kinks that need to be worked out. The gentleman who reviewed the Infinity on Yelp sounds a bit like a diva to me - but again, this comes from someone who's never lived in that kind of environment. Maybe after I've lived there for a little while I'll agree with him. But, I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey