Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 05:57 PM

31 posts, read 101,445 times

Advertisements

hmmmm...it sounds like either Verizon or Direct TV. I'd be scared of losing the signal, though.

Another question...anyone know anything about ADT or Brinks? We have a small-town company which works great, but wonder who is home security King in Sussex county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 09:30 PM

828 posts, read 3,137,695 times
Personally, I hate Verizon and the monopoly that they stand for.
Their customer service is the absolute pits.

I like the fact that I can add and subtract channels thru the internet for my DirecTV. I like the fact that I can also do the same by just calling DirecTV 24 hours a day. I also like the fact that DirecTV has NOT sent out their customer service work to another country.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:12 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurie12 View Post
hmmmm...it sounds like either Verizon or Direct TV. I'd be scared of losing the signal, though.

Another question...anyone know anything about ADT or Brinks? We have a small-town company which works great, but wonder who is home security King in Sussex county.
If I had to guess, Newton doesn't have FIOS available yet. It seems to be only in more urban areas.

Can't answer the home security ? - sorry. I think a lot ppl by me have ADT.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:06 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
My son installs DirecTV down in Burlington County. He knows a lot of different areas and whether someone can actually get DTV without problems. Some towns have a lot of trees, and this time of the year you may get a signal, but come spring, you may not. My son tries to be honest with people. If he knows they are in an area where they won't get it in anything other then winter, he tells them.

Do you see neighbors with dishes? If not, you may want to give it a shot and call anyway. Let them come out. My son has a tool that he uses to see the satelite, and someone coming out to your house should be able to tell you if there will be problems. If they tell you it is ok and something doesn't feel right, as for a supervisor to come out.

We have neighbors that have it... embarrassed to say we do not. There have been the times when they were getting basic (IIRC) but due to the time of year, the dish had to be realigned. Other then that, they've been very happy with it.

We're going to be moving to a new house in a few months. We've had so many issues with Comcast this year that when we move we're most likely going with DirecTV. My son gets some bennies, so we're going to take advantage of it finally. I hope they have Verizon FIOS in the area for internet, I've heard great things about it.

If you have any specific questions, send me a DM. If you would like to speak to my son about any questions you have, I can give you his email addy, I'm sure he'd be glad to help.

Quote:
We had ADT years ago. ADT works with DirecTV in this area. Personally, we like Guardian. We had ADT for about a year, guess the contract expired.. but Guardian called, then came out. When they came out, they found out the system was not hooked up right, something to do with being tied to the phone line.

Guardian has been great. If there is a low backup battery, they call to let us know. If power goes out, they call. They've also called my cell if there is no answer at the house. I highly recommend them. ADT never did any of this.

Now, it's been a few years since we had ADT, so who knows, maybe it was specific to who installed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey