U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 09:10 PM

316 posts, read 868,333 times

Advertisements

my wife and I are falling in love with the washington town center in Robbinsville. has anyone been there? it' seems like a really nice and relatively new community. we are considering a new construction townhome there but also have looked at a few re-sales.

Does anyone have any info about the area or the town center specifically? We are out of our normal geographic area. We originally only looked middlesex county (we live temporarily in new brunswick now) and really wanted to stay in this area originally. Middlesex county is closer to work and our families as well. But after a friend told us about the town center in Robbinsville and we went there to visit, we have been leaning toward buying there. The prices are much better than what we've seen in middlesex county (piscataway, edison, north brunswick, etc) plus the town center itself is so much nicer of a complex that the ones we've seen in middlesex. We definitely get more bang for the buck in Robbinsville. I just need to figure out if I can deal with the commute (I work in Somerset) and just being further away from anything. We also need to figure out if the new construction is the route to go or if we should go with a re-sale.

Anyone have any pointers? thank you in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 10:04 PM

6,046 posts, read 22,517,975 times
I lived in Robbinsville for the past four years (moved away in July) and I was very happy there. Crime is almost non-existent. The schools are good. You are close to several major roads/highways (Turnpike/I-95, I-195, I-205, Rt. 130, Rt. 33). Shopping is nearby no matter which direction you go in; every possible store and restaurant is convenient to get to. It's well-kept, clean, there's no real bad area. I can't think of anything negative to say about Robbinsville.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:46 PM

2,897 posts, read 7,937,580 times
mikieguns-I don't think you would be disappointed living in (buying in) the relatively new Town Center in Robbinsville. Robbinsville (formerly one of the 6? Washington townships in NJ) was once an agricultural area. It has become a very desired location over the past several years.
Don't know if you are concerned about the schools, but until a couple of years ago, Robbinsville had some great elementary schools and then paid to send their kids to Lawrence HS.
With the new growth, they have recently built their own HS (within the past 3 years). This new HS is promising to be a major contender in the area.
You will be within a couple of miles of everthing you ever wanted, shopping, eating etc.
Can't imagine what your commute will be, 206? could be a bit of a nightmare.
What I can tell you is that you will be very happy to arrive home at the end of the day.
This is a Sharbell development and their homes seem to be well constructed and well appointed. The homes are so new that I would think a re-sale would not be a bad deal in the current market.
Good luck with your search!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:14 PM

4 posts, read 13,819 times
Default Single family home in robbinsville,nj

HI,

Can some body tell me what is the average single family home price in robbinsville,nj?Is it possible that I can bargain to less upto 50K ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey