Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:07 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,394,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
It boggles my mind the amount of sympathy the shooters kin are getting, even in this thread, unreal.
Yup this is just the hood to walk around and have lunch on the corner or one of the park benches....people are you even familiar with this area of Jersey City??? it's like Lebanon or Bagdad....needs to be leveled.
For the most part this is generation after generation of thugs, food stamps and welfare, anyone with half a brain escaped these hoods years ago.

get a fire truck to ride by and blast that memorial with a super hose...
personally, i'm not really offering sympathy to the shooter's kin, just trying to say that it's really easy to criticize people related to the person we know killed a cop without actually placing ourselves in their shoes. for all we know, his wife could be a very good person who thought she married a good man. the reality is, we know very little about the shooter or his family. all we know is what was shown to us by the news, not long after she finds out what happens.

and we know the history that exists in these neighborhoods, especially in NJ, between cops and african americans.

it's really easy to refer to a neighborhood as "the hood" and instead of offering solutions just proposing genocide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 07:30 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,712,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
personally, i'm not really offering sympathy to the shooter's kin, just trying to say that it's really easy to criticize people related to the person we know killed a cop without actually placing ourselves in their shoes. for all we know, his wife could be a very good person who thought she married a good man. the reality is, we know very little about the shooter or his family. all we know is what was shown to us by the news, not long after she finds out what happens.

and we know the history that exists in these neighborhoods, especially in NJ, between cops and african americans.

it's really easy to refer to a neighborhood as "the hood" and instead of offering solutions just proposing genocide.
Not proposing genocide, where you getting that from?
Sorry but it is the hood, has been for generations, there are NO solutions.
The good kids from these hoods get the hell out if they survived them as soon as they can.

I grew up there I know of what I speak.

The bolded part, sorry Brady, but that was my laugh for today, yes most good husbands have just done a stint in prison.. and have the cops trying to find him for an earlier homicide..

The only thing I wish could happen was to get their 6 year old daughter out of there before she grows up just like them....her I feel sorry for.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:12 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
actually serious answer
Do you have any personal basis for your opinion?
Quote:
Better and more personal relations with police. When the cops are never seen out of their patrol cars except to respond to incidents, it's rather easy for the community to see them purely as an adversarial relationship.
Nonsense! Do firefighters walk around their neighborhoods when not answering calls? Do teachers leave their schools and engage the community in conversation? How about the workers in city offices? Trash collectors?
Quote:
If they walk around, have lunch at the corner deli, get to know people in the area they patrol, help out in general, then they get more help from the community with cases, and they get less hostility and more understanding of their actions.
Police know their communities very well. Many eat at local establishments.
They also know who the scumbags are. The gang members, ex-cons, drug dealers, thieves, wife/girlfriend beaters, drunks/bar fighters, loudmouths, & agitators. Police do get help from the community. You know, the good citizens referred to as "snitches", by the criminal class.
Quote:
just a general comment on what is often an issue with inner-city police departments.
You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean it's accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
No sense getting upset over this type of memorial. They always pop up and it's a very small portion of the public. Most of those people living there are decent and want nothing more than to live a normal life.
Your first comment is correct. I'm surprised she didn't describe him as "an aspiring rapper, who was turning his life around". That's the usual comment, from the next-of-kin.
But, I'd hesitate to use the word "most" in this neighborhood. When we read that half of black men get arrested, and 30% have been to prison, you know that those criminals come from inner-city 'hoods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Perhaps if "police" didn't immediately bring to mind "police brutality", people wouldn't celebrate like that. The police can't make enemies of entire neighborhoods and expect those people not to act like enemies.
More nonsense. Police don't create enemies, they find them in place. "Those people" are living their lives in the streets: thuggin', druggin', dealin', robbing. Then, when someone from that same neighborhood calls the police, the rabble on the street get involved, just like the yelling starts when the TV camera lights go on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
What exactly is so sacred about being a cop?
They swear an oath to protect your ungrateful azz. Then, try to do it.
Quote:
Would we care if Santiago was a civilian?
If he was a citizen, who tried to stop an apparent hold-up, and was then shot in the head by this thug, I'd say yes. You would have dirtied your Depends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
We normally don't see this level of criticism for the spouse of a murdered. But, when comments as ignorant as hers see the light of day, it's good that she and they are reviled.
Quote:
we know the history that exists in these neighborhoods, especially in NJ, between cops and african americans. it's really easy to refer to a neighborhood as "the hood" and instead of offering solutions just proposing genocide.
Why don't you hop off your chair in WO & head on down to EO to help the "community"?
'Hood' is a term created inside that milieu.

Last edited by bigjake54; 07-15-2014 at 08:37 AM..

Old 07-15-2014, 08:37 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,440,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Perhaps if "police" didn't immediately bring to mind "police brutality", people wouldn't celebrate like that. The police can't make enemies of entire neighborhoods and expect those people not to act like enemies.
funny when I think of a police officer I don't have that thought..

Old 07-15-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
The good kids from these hoods get the hell out if they survived them as soon as they can.

The bolded part, sorry Brady, but that was my laugh for today, yes most good husbands have just done a stint in prison.. and have the cops trying to find him for an earlier homicide..

The only thing I wish could happen was to get their 6 year old daughter out of there before she grows up just like them....her I feel sorry for.
he was a known felon and being investigated for another murder.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:

not sure if this is true or not but I have heard she is a security guard at an elementary school.. lovely huh..

Old 07-15-2014, 08:45 AM

Wife of accused Jersey City cop killer apologizes for disparaging remarks | NJ.com

Old 07-15-2014, 08:54 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,712,493 times
AMEN!!!

Jersey City tears down 'cop killer' shrine that repulsed the nation | NJ.com

Old 07-15-2014, 09:46 AM

that's good. apparently there is a Facebook page also in honor of the scum.. people are reporting it to hopefully have it removed.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:52 AM

19,113 posts, read 25,305,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
I'm surprised she didn't describe him as "an aspiring rapper, who was turning his life around". That's the usual comment, from the next-of-kin.

If I have to hear that cliché again from the survivors of deceased inner-city criminals, I think that I will vomit.
Why is it that, for seemingly every inner-city low-life who dies, both success and redemption were...just around the corner?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey