Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:07 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Good. i called this before, NOT guilty, and am glad to see him acquitted. That must have been a heck of a time span for him and his family to go through that ordeal of not knowing what would happen with his life and family and kids. Seems to me he got run off the road by these ragers and he did not want to tangle with them in the first place.

To me the verdict is the way it should be.
nice for him to be allowed to carry a gun while the rest of us have to go through that ordeal without the ability to defend ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 10:54 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
Quote:
because I have to get two other NJ residents to vouch that I'm moral enough
And yet once again you show your total lack of knowledge on the subject. You don't need NEW JERSEY residents as a reference.

Question #29 does not restrict the reference to this state.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure he had enough time to drive away.
And yet another that seems to miss the fact that it would simply continue the dangerous condition that caused him to pull over and attempt to end the situation.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:57 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smommaof3 View Post
I'm not sure what the "other" requirements are, but I know people who are upstanding citizens (no criminal or mental background), no physical impairments, and got religious figures to write recs for them. They were denied. It's pretty easy to get denied a gun in NJ for what appears to be no reason.
ive gone through the process of getting a permit in nj twice and while I had to wait a decent amount of time, it wasn't that difficult.

my main issue is the inability to get a carry permit in nj. I also am not happy that I have to apply for each handgun purchase.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:44 AM

477 posts, read 800,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Have you actually tried to purchase a gun in NJ? Your comments suggest that you haven't.
If you can't get two citizens to vouch for you, perhaps you shouldn't get approved.

I doubt this. If they're denied, there's a reason. There also is an appeal process.
You can be denied for any/no reason and you can be denied if the judge (only a judge can agree to it in NJ) has too many cases of law enforcement needing one. Those all get approved and the others get denied due to time constraint.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
You weren't there were you????
He had his wife and children in the car and Bozo just forced him off the road. He held his badge up and identified himself as an officer of the law and Bozo just kept advancing..

Perhaps his wife WAS dialing 911 while this was happening..do you have the vaguest clue as to what can transpire in mere minutes while waiting for police to get there.

Apparently a jury heard all evidence and came back with a non guilty on all charges.

Just love Monday morning quarterbacks
You just love disagreeing with me. It's nice to see you think murder is the only option. If a cop kills you, you deserve it.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:46 AM

I think that's what really bothers me about the case. If he was not a cop, he would probably be in jail now. If a cop kills you, it's ok.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:12 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
I think that's what really bothers me about the case. If he was not a cop, he would probably be in jail now. If a cop kills you, it's ok.
Finally you have posted your true agenda on this subject

Old 08-01-2014, 12:15 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
You just love disagreeing with me. It's nice to see you think murder is the only option. If a cop kills you, you deserve it.
In this case, from what I read, also from what the jury heard and came back with a not guilty, it was his only option.
He shot him in the leg first t try and stop his advance and still he came at him.

What is so difficult for you to understand?

I don't have to worry about a cop killing me because I wouldn't so something so totally idiotic and threatening like this guy did

Have no worries my disagreeing with you has ended. I think I'll just sit back with my popcorn and watch the entertainment

Old 08-01-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Finally you have posted your true agenda on this subject
I have no agenda, but I found it weird when I posted this NO ONE WAS TALKING ABOUT it in either state. Very weird.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
In this case, from what I read, also from what the jury heard and came back with a not guilty, it was his only option.
He shot him in the leg first t try and stop his advance and still he came at him.

What is so difficult for you to understand?

I don't have to worry about a cop killing me because I wouldn't so something so totally idiotic and threatening like this guy did

Have no worries my disagreeing with you has ended. I think I'll just sit back with my popcorn and watch the entertainment
The guy is dead. Walker can say whatever he wants. Not to say he is lying, but who's to prove he's not? It would be very easy for a cop to kill someone and then make a reason for it later. I still think he could have drove away. He was in a car. I don't think he should have shot him at all. I mean, is the guy going to chase him all the way back to NJ? You also probably feel safe, because you take the bus and think it could never happen to you. When the police don't have the same laws as we do, there's nothing to keep them from harming innocent people too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey