Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 10:18 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,223,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smommaof3 View Post
The Chinese Asian most live in the bad parts of NJ, because I was born and raised in NJ and I've only know Indian Asian people. Most of those are through work. I live in Kinnelon. It all goes back to what I said, you can't have a baby with someone who is the opposite of your look and be made when people point out you and the baby don't look related. What if the baby looked all white? Would it be "racist" if the OP thought the wife cheated? Honestly, most Asian/white couples are with an Asian woman. Look at most media/commercials. Do you see a white lady and Asian man or an Asian lady and white man? It's not even equally, it's mostly portrayed as a white MAN.
Hm. My wife is white and I am Asian and not one person has ever questioned that our son is ours (he looks like a brown white kid).

I have three different neighbors I can think of that are white woman, Asian man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 10:19 AM

477 posts, read 799,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Mexico is very much divided, both economically and politically, along racial lines.
Those who wield political power, and who own the major businesses, are almost always the ones who are European in appearance, as a result of no family history of intermarriage with Los Indios. The Indian majority, who are almost always much shorter and much darker-skinned, usually hold the more menial positions in Mexico, just as they usually do if they migrate to The US.

I can recall being in the Mexico City subway many years ago, and noticing that I literally towered over most of the people on those trains--even though I am only 5'9". By contrast, the European-looking Mexicans tend to much taller.

They're not "European" looking, they are European. They're Spanish (a place in Europe). It's like the US. We're not Americans who are European looking, we are European. The natives were killed out here. The people you see in Mexico are not from native Mexicans, they're from Spanish/European people.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
That's what I thought but I gave the poster a pass.

I'll have to remind my wife when I get home today to be mad at herself for marrying me and assuming that no one will say anything about her half child not looking like her.
It's just facts. Look at two white people. One has red hair and one had blonde hair. Should the red head be mad if they have blonde children? Or if someone says "Is that your child?". No, because it's not "racist". Her comments weren't racist either. She said the child was cute. You act like the lady said racial slurs. A true racist would hate the idea of mixed children.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:22 AM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,218,010 times
Quote:
How is it racist? It's not like I'm saying he can't have a white wife/she can't be married to him. Honestly, most Asian/white couples, the woman is Asian. Look at movies, you rarely see a Asian man with a white woman. If it was a high percent, the media would portray it.
Quote:
if you pick a partner that looks different your baby might not look like you. Be mad at yourself.
??

Old 07-30-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Hm. My wife is white and I am Asian and not one person has ever questioned that our son is ours (he looks like a brown white kid).

I have three different neighbors I can think of that are white woman, Asian man.
You're not even from NJ.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:25 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,137,721 times
Quote:
It's just facts. Look at two white people. One has red hair and one had blonde hair. Should the red head be mad if they have blonde children? Or if someone says "Is that your child?". No, because it's not "racist". Her comments weren't racist either. She said the child was cute. You act like the lady said racial slurs. A true racist would hate the idea of mixed children.
First of all you should quit while you're ahead (of what I have no idea - but I digress).

Second of all, you say that I acted like she said a racial slur? When did I ever say that??? I'm the one stating that I wasn't offended and thought it was amusing and funny.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:25 AM

13,384 posts, read 28,663,137 times
Quote:
The Chinese Asian most live in the bad parts of NJ, because I was born and raised in NJ and I've only know Indian Asian people. Most of those are through work. I live in Kinnelon. It all goes back to what I said, you can't have a baby with someone who is the opposite of your look and be made when people point out you and the baby don't look related. What if the baby looked all white? Would it be "racist" if the OP thought the wife cheated? Honestly, most Asian/white couples are with an Asian woman. Look at most media/commercials. Do you see a white lady and Asian man or an Asian lady and white man? It's not even equally, it's mostly portrayed as a white MAN.
That is untrue.
As for the rest of your post, I don't have a clue the point you are trying to make

Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 AM

19,067 posts, read 25,224,917 times
Quote:
I noticed with my Spanish friends (as in from Spain or family from Spain) they look like white people.

Ummm...That's because they are "white" people, just like people from other European nations who are born of European parentage.

I agree with the forum member who said that you should quit while you're (theoretically) ahead.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
First of all you should quit while you're ahead (of what I have no idea - but I digress).

Second of all, you say that I acted like she said a racial slur? When did I ever say that??? I'm the one stating that I wasn't offended and thought it was amusing and funny.
Why should I? I'm not saying any thing bad. I just said my opinion and you asked. Second, if you don't care why are you asking if people would be offended. Just as I said should a redheaded woman/man be offended if they're child is blonde and people say "It doesn't look like you". I don't see how the two are different. If your children looking like you is the most important thing, you should marry/have children with someone who looks like you. Also, for a parent, you seem immature. You know what I worry about? My children's health and future. Not if someone says they favor their paternal grandma over their maternal nana. I guess I'm just racist like that.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Ummm...That's because they are "white" people, just like people from other European nations who are born of European parentage.

I agree with the forum member who said that you should quit while you're (theoretically) ahead.

I've already said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey