Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 06:39 AM

6 posts, read 8,807 times

Advertisements

My wife got a job in warren NJ. I would be traveling to WTC for my work. What are best places to live considering both commuting. I would like to make her commute time as less as possible so she can take care of my 1 and 4 year kids. We need good schools pre and public and commute will be convenient to both of us. Appreciate Your advice. Thanks. We may plan to buy a house in future and rent it now. I was told Edison is one option. Let me know any other best places considering we are from India.

Last edited by NJMK2014; 08-03-2014 at 07:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 06:48 AM

696 posts, read 906,855 times
Scotch Plains. It's close to Warren. There is a NJ Transit train station nearby (Fanwood) that runs into Penn Station Newark. You can then transfer to the PATH train to WTC.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:10 AM

Thanks sonetlumiere. I will check on scotch plains.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:27 AM

324 posts, read 575,324 times
If you fill out the Sticky: Questions for Future and Potential Residents, people may be able to provide better advice.

Edison to Warren is not a good commute. Someone probably recommended Edison because of the Indian population there.

However, if your primary concerns are commute (especially your wife's) and schools, any of the towns along the NJ Transit Gladstone Line are good options.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:25 AM

Thanks. Yah. You people are advising me in right direction. I will explore it. Any town(scotch plains or west field) with qmple parking spots? Which one is closer to warren?

Old 08-03-2014, 11:29 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMK2014 View Post
Thanks. Yah. You people are advising me in right direction. I will explore it. Any town(scotch plains or west field) with qmple parking spots? Which one is closer to warren?
JerseyStrong1 was directing you in the right direction... more info needed: //www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...residents.html

Old 08-04-2014, 09:19 PM

Where are you coming from? Secaucus, NJ
Why are you moving? Not yet decided, looking for advise. Looking for close commute to Warren, NJ
Where will you be working ? Myself WTC and spouse Warren, NJ

Will you buy or rent? rent now and buy a year later
What is your budget ? around $1500 per month
What kind of place are you looking for ? Looking for close commute to Warren, NJ & WTC

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? yes we do have two children ( 1 y & 4 yrs old)
Do you need/want good public schools? yes, need good pre- and public schools

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in ? Safe and good town, few indians community presence

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.(examples: nightlife, outdoor activities, rural/urban, safety, downtown area, charming, new construction, proximity to XYZ, family oriented, easy parking, short commute, etc)
safety, closure to warren for spouse and commute convienent to WTC

Old 08-05-2014, 07:58 AM

175 posts, read 345,528 times
1500 per month extremely limits your options. Most of your options in that price range will be 1 or 2 bedroom apartments.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:13 PM

I can go up to 2000 if i don't have option. I need 2 bed and bath. Any towns you suggest?

Old 08-05-2014, 01:27 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMK2014 View Post
I can go up to 2000 if i don't have option. I need 2 bed and bath. Any towns you suggest?

The earlier suggestion of Scotch Plains fits most of your criteria, but I think you'd be in an apartment (which isn't bad for a year as a base as you get to know the area before looking to buy). It's probably about 30 minutes to Warren and you'd have train access for your commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey