Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:24 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,904,452 times

Advertisements

Rise in anti-semitism?? Are you sure? Need some valid examples!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
I think the OP is referring to the impact of the latest conflict in the Israel / Gaza regions. I don't recall the situation being this flared up in quite some time. Certainly this is causing some isolated rifts stateside lately. Check this article out for example:

N.Y. Jewish doctor kicked off JetBlue flight for ranting at Palestinian passenger: reports - NY Daily News
Speaking out against Israeli's abuse of Palestineans & vice versa does not make one Anti-Semitic. Also, just because someone is not pro Zionist does not make them Anti Semitic. Zionism is NOR Judaism.

There are Palestinian Jews & Arab Jews btw. Palestinians & Arabs of ALL religions & races are Semites/Semitic peoples as well. Go figure.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
I think the OP is referring to the impact of the latest conflict in the Israel / Gaza regions. I don't recall the situation being this flared up in quite some time. Certainly this is causing some isolated rifts stateside lately. Check this article out for example:

N.Y. Jewish doctor kicked off JetBlue flight for ranting at Palestinian passenger: reports - NY Daily News
And technically, that New York Jewish woman was being Anti-Semitic to that Palestinian woman. Palestinians are in fact Semites! Will the real anti Semite please stand up?

Sigh, when will peace become more contagious on the earth?

Old 09-13-2014, 10:08 AM

3 posts, read 10,066 times
Default Thank you

This is all very helpful. I am not basing my post without doing research. I guess I should have stated that upfront.

I have spoken to many other Jewish families in the area and to the temple in Mahwah and it seems that there is less than 10% in Mahwah (again an estimate but I am almost certain that my daughter is the only one or one of two kids in the entire kindergarten in her elementary school) This is just not comfortable for me coming from Westchester county where there is more of a population and a personal feeling. Mahwah seems to be very accepting of differences so it is not about antisemitism in this town at all! It is more about the rise of antisemitism in the US with the tension going on in the Middle East. There have been numerous anitsemetic attacks in NY city and on college campuses like Temple University. I am not comfortable with my kids being in such a minority and do not want them to feel uncomfortable.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:15 AM

3 posts, read 10,066 times
Pro-Palestine Activist Attacks Jewish College Student, Calls Him ?****?

The Alarming Rise of Campus Anti-Semitism | FrontPage Magazine

Articles: Rampant Anti-Semitism Is Flourishing across the World
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey