Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 08:27 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,639,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:

it's your comprehensive deduct
Any decent policy it's one hundred. Getting payment because a car kicked up a rock....zero chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 10:03 AM

88,041 posts, read 83,864,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Any decent policy it's one hundred. Getting payment because a car kicked up a rock....zero chance.
I was under the impression that the rock was thrown by the work operations, no? If HIS car just kicked up a rock, then forget it.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:28 AM

10 posts, read 16,823 times
Amazing to me that you think you are entitled to anything.

Get a new windshield. Move on.

Thank god the parkway doesn't have people waiting to process your claim within hours, or else everyone would do it, and our tolls and taxes would be even higher.

I am guessing your own insurance would pay for it, depending on your deductible, but I guess why would you do that.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:17 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,588,922 times
Default Why shouldn't I be reimbursed for something I didn't do

.....Please answer me that. It was definitely debris on the ground. I have had many a windshield ding on windshields. Never reported them. This ROCK...did MAJOR damage.....where I had no choice for safety reasons but to fix it....Why shouldn't I have called police, reported it......driving 101 Call police when an accident happens to report it......Again explain to me why I am not able to claim it....I don't think the word ENTITLEMENT fits this scenario...I need my Car to work so I can pay for my family's medical benefit.......

Old 08-06-2014, 04:23 PM

5,767 posts, read 16,502,890 times
Quite simply if some other vehicle kicks up a stone or rock from the ground and it cracks your windshield the only chance you would have to collect anything would be if you can prove which vehicle kicked up the stone and if you were able to prove that to their insurance companies satisfaction.

I have had situations where a passing truck bounced a rock at my windshield and called that company and they basically told me I would have had to stop their truck on the spot, etc.

I don't think any road or highway will likely find itself liable for anything like that unless you went through a mountain of proofs to somehow prove they were liable. Just don't see that happening, but you are welcome to try.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:36 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,219,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
It was definitely debris on the ground. ... explain to me why I am not able to claim it
They don't believe you. You can't prove it.
If they automatically paid every such claim, everyone in NJ with a chipped windshield would pull over after a construction zone on the Parkway or Turnpike & call the state police.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:28 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,944,077 times
"Why shouldn't I be reimbursed for something I didn't do"

I hate to break it you, but: (1) life isn't fair, (2) ***** happens

Old 08-07-2014, 05:32 PM

Default Will report back when I get an answer...

Was told to call back in ten days...keeping fingers crossed...

Old 08-07-2014, 06:16 PM

19,038 posts, read 25,127,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post

"Decent" is a matter of definition.

Because I haven't been involved in any type of collision in over 40 years, I have upped my collision deductible to $2,000, in order to reduce my premium. In the statistically-unlikely event of a collision, I can comfortably pay that deductible.

On the other hand, I have a $50 deductible for "other than collision", simply because winding up with a cracked windshield from a flying rock is far more likely than a collision.
This plan works for me, but this type of coverage might not be appropriate for the typical driver who in involved in a collision every 5-7 years.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:24 PM

Default Check is in the mail people....Tpke authority contacted road contractor for me....

Zero, zip, move forward, entitlement...the truth prevailed...Spoke with road contractor's insurance today...my claim approved actually yesterday...will be getting a check in a couple of days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey