Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 03:30 PM

24 posts, read 92,528 times

Advertisements

happy new year to all! somebody has raised an issue of sound isolation and it is of our concern too as we will be sharing a common wall from both sides (Manchester). To those who already moved in - will you be able to share your experiences? our move in date is scheduled for april/may and i wonder if a sound isolation is an issue, whether we can somehow address it (i will need to pay out of my pocket for additional insulation) before our walls are up. would greatly appreciate your honest feedback
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 03:48 PM

26 posts, read 96,502 times
I have been in my unit since Thanksgiving and I have yet to hear my neighbors (who live on both sides). The first week I felt (more than heard) some hammering or light construction work and sometimes I hear the garage doors opening but besides that its incredibly sound proof. I should mention that we have hardwood on the first level, hardwood second, and carpet in the bedrooms which I imagine muffle some sound, it might be something to think about if you have all hardwood.

You also might consider the insulation depending on where your unit is located since construction might be the only thing to cause issue.

Hope that helps!!

Old 01-20-2015, 01:37 PM

24 posts, read 92,528 times
Thank you, Lovened, its a good news!

Old 01-20-2015, 04:26 PM

343 posts, read 614,566 times
can someone take a few photos of the development/area in its current state? We went there twice and both times there are not much going on but a construction zone, not even model homes to look at, just some floorplans on a big monitor. Dont feel like driving all the way there again and see the same thing.

From the sound of it with people moving in already, they should have the model townhomes ready for showing at minimum? Is any of the retail spaces filled?

Old 01-21-2015, 11:46 AM

9 posts, read 12,943 times
@newdude... the model homes will be open for public on Jan 25th.

We already moved in, back then they had asked us to see the model homes at their Garfield - River Road - Signature place property which had similar layouts.

Out of the 217 homes, more than half have already been sold with the last few buildings opening up for sale soon.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkat View Post
@newdude... the model homes will be open for public on Jan 25th.

We already moved in, back then they had asked us to see the model homes at their Garfield - River Road - Signature place property which had similar layouts.

Out of the 217 homes, more than half have already been sold with the last few buildings opening up for sale soon.
The model homes have been open since the fall, I go in once a week to steal design ideas. There are images of the models on the Pulte Website.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,723 times
Hello All,
Glad to find a blog for the Pulte @Westmount train station, today I booked the Davenport so excited and overwhelmed at the same time, have to read through a ton of paper work.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:18 AM

189 posts, read 459,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan328Xi View Post
Hello All,
Glad to find a blog for the Pulte @Westmount train station, today I booked the Davenport so excited and overwhelmed at the same time, have to read through a ton of paper work.
Congrats! I think you are in for a treat. Our experience thus far with Pulte has been very positive, from sales, to the design center, to settlement, and then post-closing maintenance items.

We toured the new stacked condo model homes yesterday, they looked nice.

Old 01-28-2015, 03:21 PM

189 posts, read 459,918 times
A question for folks who are living in the standalone townhome models Lancaster / Manchester's:
Is your first floor significantly colder compared to the second and third floor? Did you opt for the standard 1st floor rec room or the bedroom?

We have the standard rec room with a half bath. I set up my home office on the first floor, and it's so cold right now I can barely type! I am definitely going to need to get a space heater.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:33 PM

OMG we are dealing with the same issue right now... its insanely cold that we had to move our guest room furniture to the top floor. I keep planning to contact someone since in our contract/warranty it states that the heat difference should be within 4 degrees of the different floors. So this is a big issue since ours has at least 20 degree difference, if not more.

I'm happy to do a joint email to the contractor about this issue so they can adjust moving forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey