Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 07:45 PM

26 posts, read 248,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan328Xi View Post
Hello All,
Glad to find a blog for the Pulte @Westmount train station, today I booked the Davenport so excited and overwhelmed at the same time, have to read through a ton of paper work.
@Rohan: Congrats. Welcome to the community. Have you booked the Davenport in slot 21? If yes, we are in same slot as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 06:08 AM

189 posts, read 459,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovened View Post
OMG we are dealing with the same issue right now... its insanely cold that we had to move our guest room furniture to the top floor. I keep planning to contact someone since in our contract/warranty it states that the heat difference should be within 4 degrees of the different floors. So this is a big issue since ours has at least 20 degree difference, if not more.

I'm happy to do a joint email to the contractor about this issue so they can adjust moving forward.
Hmmm, interesting. Nice catch on your part about the heat difference clause in our contracts. Do you mind pointing to me where in the contract/warranty it stipulates the heat difference between floors? Our Pulte townhome supervisor is stopping by this morning, I'll definitely bring it up to him as well and circle back with what he says.

I know we had previously complained about it, but we were kind of told that's "normal" because of the garage on the first floor and heat traveling upward. A violation in a contractual temperature difference would help significantly in our negotiations.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:34 AM

26 posts, read 96,502 times
Hey I'm running to work now but I found it online at the owners lounge on Pulte.com. There is a warranty section that you can view.

I'd love to know what he says after you meet, if you need any additional information about our unit feel free to private message! Good luck!!

Old 01-29-2015, 09:03 AM

6 posts, read 15,681 times
yes, i am having the same problem, I found it in the warranty on Pulte's website, page 44. Anything we can do about?

Old 01-29-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovened View Post
Hey I'm running to work now but I found it online at the owners lounge on Pulte.com. There is a warranty section that you can view.

I'd love to know what he says after you meet, if you need any additional information about our unit feel free to private message! Good luck!!
Perfect, thanks. I found it on the Pulte Standard Warranty PDF on page 44:

"Temperature variations between rooms and between floors should not exceed 4 degrees. All temperatures should be measured from 5 feet above the floor in the center of any room."

I've forwarded this clause onward to our Pulte construction rep, we'll see what happens.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:50 AM

So our Pulte rep just stopped by (I love how they and their contractors are usually onsite and can just stop by at a moment's notice!). He
1) checked to make sure all our windows were properly closed and locked (they were not; in our defense though, the tightness of these new windows and our kids constantly messing with the latches that they can reach make it to tough to keep them closed. And other neighbors that Pulte visited had the same window closing issue, so I don't feel like a complete idiot).
2) he closed all the air vent covers on the 2nd and 3rd floor to redirect and have the 1st floor vent covers vent out more air. This would also cause the thermostat (which is on the 2nd floor) to register a lower room temperature and stay on longer to reach our desired temperature.
3) he noticed that our front door had some small gaps in the corners (we could see the outdoors/daylight from the gaps, which means that cold air from the outside was coming in through those gaps) and applied weather stripping to our front door corners (and to the garage entrance just in case).

Maybe it's just the placebo effect, but as I am typing this from my 1st floor home office, it does feel noticeably warmer!

I've also bought garage insulation from home depot and am going to install it on our garage door JIC. Oh, and we don't have curtains yet on the first floor, which once installed should help a little bit with insulation.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:11 AM

All fantastic things that I will check as soon as I get home!! Thank you!! So glad to hear you are warmer already!

Old 01-29-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha336 View Post
Thanks, thats indeed reassuring! Good luck with the rest of homepacking!
Just thought I would add that one of our neighbors did not initially get a counter depth fridge, and when the delivery people came, the fridge would not fit up the stairs. So our neighbors had to return it and get a counter depth fridge.

We bought a counter depth Frigidaire fridge from Home Depot, and even then, the delivery people had to remove the fridge doors to get it up the stairs.

So non-counter depth fridge buyers, caveat emptor!

Old 01-29-2015, 05:01 PM

Oh yes, you definitely need to get Counter Depth... and it is ROUGH to get it in the house. Any buyer should have it delivered before you paint as walls will get marked or punctured. Our delivery guys were great, but it was a tough task, we went for Samsung 4-door Counter Depth (its amazing and comes highly recommended)

Old 01-29-2015, 08:41 PM

3 posts, read 7,668 times
seriously considering granville - anyone bought granville ? Just wondering a total 500K townhouse is really worth for the money ? any one expecting a price hike in next 4 years... zillow is predicting a reduction in price for this zip code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey