Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 11:06 AM

189 posts, read 459,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoJedi View Post
Well, I drove by the area this weekend, so I know that the Walmart is now hiring.

Other than that, just what the Record posts:

Search - NorthJersey.com
Yay, the Walmart is opening in April!
Walmart to open in Teterboro in April now hiring - Business - NorthJersey.com

And the Costco will soon follow in "mid-to-late 2015". I <heart> Costco.
Costco says it is closing Hackensack store next year - Business - NorthJersey.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 12:36 PM

24 posts, read 92,532 times
Quote:

Costco says it is closing Hackensack store next year - Business - NorthJersey.com
excellent, having costco and walmart in a close proximity is very convenient !!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2015, 11:36 AM

3 posts, read 6,242 times
Default PSE&G - Current Wesmont Home Owners

Has anyone else had issues with PSE&G Billing and meter reads in the Wesmont Station complex? I live in one of the Capitol Townhomes and have had nothing but trouble thus far. At first I wasn't receiving bills despite having registered immediately after closing. Now it seems like the bills are inaccurate based on the square footage and energy efficient appliances and building materials that Pulte boasts about in this complex.

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 02-24-2015, 10:31 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,089,301 times
Quote:
Haha, no. They closed after 4-6 months. It's really hard to have Whole-Food/NYC boutique supermarket-like prices when everybody in the community has a car and there's a 24 hour Super Walmart 5 minutes away.

I don't even know how some of the stores across in the Lodi strip mall are still surviving when they have to compete with Walmart.
So you think everyone in Westmont station prefers to buy their food in Walmart? That is really not saying much about how discerning they are. But if I were buying in Westmont station, I would be concerned that there is still not a single retail location filled anywhere in all of the Avalone buildings. That is not bringing value to the community.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:06 PM

24 posts, read 92,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
So you think everyone in Westmont station prefers to buy their food in Walmart? That is really not saying much about how discerning they are. But if I were buying in Westmont station, I would be concerned that there is still not a single retail location filled anywhere in all of the Avalone buildings. That is not bringing value to the community.
two points:
- the demand for retail space will increase proportionally to the growth of community as its primary customers; before that it may not be financially sound with high rent asked by avalon;
- who would pay more for the same groceries you can buy cheaper in walmart, and lately walmart does supply competitive fresh and organic products

Old 02-27-2015, 10:12 AM

9 posts, read 12,945 times
I agree with @sasha... once the community starts filling up and Ingerman starts finishing the rental townhomes they are building on other end, stores will start opening. At present there arent enough residents to financially make sense to have the stores.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:55 PM

38 posts, read 72,214 times
Hi everyone,

We just put a deposit on a Davenport, very exciting. Can someone tell me how much is yours costing cost? I found a better rate on a outside mortgage company but the $6000 incentive is very attractive. thanks.. (future)Neighbors!!!!!

Tracy

Old 03-10-2015, 06:01 PM

472 posts, read 811,807 times
Quote:

I hate Walmart. But I've never been to Costco!

Old 03-11-2015, 07:17 AM

189 posts, read 459,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman27 View Post
I hate Walmart. But I've never been to Costco!
Even after Walmart was the first mover in raising the retail minimum wage?

Costco is the #2 or #3 retailer in the US, you should give them a try. They pay their employees on average $21/hr, not including overtime and the average employee tenure there is ~5 years, which is really high for retail. My kids love Costco. They have double wide shopping carts, kid-sized food samples, and delicious pizza!

Old 03-11-2015, 07:49 AM

27 posts, read 46,310 times
To other Westmont Station residents, has anyone noticed a growing issue of people leaving their dog's... discharge... all over the grounds? Given the many stations the development has set up, I find it unacceptable that people are not cleaning up after their pets.

There is one woman in particular who I have now come to find out doesn't even live within the development who drives in, lets her dogs out of the car, and then drives off. I have asked her very kindly if she wouldn't mind picking up after her dogs, to which she threatened my life (not kidding). I just feel it's not right that people are using private property of homeowners who paid quite a good deal of money as a dumping ground. For residents of the townhomes, the woman drives an Audi SUV (license plate has been given to Avalon management).

I have notified Avalon's management, but don't know if there is a similar management company to voice concerns to for the Pulte development?

I am open to the idea that I am overreacting, but I think it's highly disrespectful, and as I mentioned, people paid good money for those townhomes + the complex has done a great job setting up stations throughout for pet owners to use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey