Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2015, 10:19 PM

18 posts, read 26,640 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We need your help, We are supposed to close next week but Pulte has not event give us an updated closing date. We've been trying to get an updated date since weeks...
We're very disappointed on their lack of planning and communication .

How about your experience? for people who has already moved in, how many weeks / months of delay???

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 07:05 AM

189 posts, read 459,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOfficialGFTourofNYC View Post
Thank you ChinoJedi!
np. I've also seen the bus stop at the leaning street light at Passaic and Avalon.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2207 View Post
Hi All,

We need your help, We are supposed to close next week but Pulte has not event give us an updated closing date. We've been trying to get an updated date since weeks...

How about your experience? for people who has already moved in, how many weeks / months of delay???

Thanks!
Hi Phil2207,

I presume you've followed up with your Pulte sales rep and project manager, and your real estate attorney / mortgage rep as well?

Our closing was delayed about a month. The delay impacted our entire column of homes.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:34 AM

Just an FYI for midtown NYC commuters from Wesmont Station. I compiled these tips for a neighbor, thought I would share with others. Once Wesmont station is running, just replace the W-R station with Wesmont and the PVL with the Bergen County line. For NYC downtown commuters, just take the NJT to Hoboken instead of NYP and the PATH to WTC instead of Herald Sq.

Please note that I am biased in that I in general dislike the bus [except when I text the bus so I don't have to wait for it and it gets me to NYC in 30 minutes in the afternoon after rush hour ] and am more time than cost-sensitive.

1. Sign up for 163/164 bus and Pascack Valley Line train alerts https://www.njtransit.com/mt/mt_serv...on=MyTransitTo
2. Sign up for Port Authority Bus Terminal / Lincoln Tunnel / PATH train alerts Port Authority Alerts & Advisories
3. If you have an iPhone, download Embark NJ and Embark NYC apps. The NJ app is especially good for train schedules.
4. bookmark njtransit.com on your phone
5. bookmark dv.njtransit.com/mobile/tid-mobile.aspx?sid=WR on your phone. Check this religiously when taking the train.
6. In the morning is when there are the most bus / tunnel problems into NYC: disabled vehicle in the LT, accident on route 3 or 495, emergency bridge repairs on route 3, fire in the LT, etc. Check Google Maps for Wesmont Station to PABT ETA before getting on the bus. If there are problems, take an Uber to W-R train station (~$7) and do the Secaucus Jxn transfer to NYP.
7. In the evening the bus is pretty good out of PABT and runs a lot more than the train, especially after rush hour 7 PM or later.
8. If there are problems with both the LT and trains going into NYP, take the W-R train to Hoboken, transfer to the PATH, and take the PATH into Herald Sq.
9. If you are in a rush, taking an Uber to Secaucus Jxn (~$25) and then a train into NYP is also an option. This is also a good option for coming home if there are problems with the LT.
10. If you can, use your wageworks card to stock up on NJT tickets before they raise prices by 9% 10/1/15.
11. We don't use a NJT monthly pass for anything b/c you don't save that much with the train, and with the bus, there is a discount with buying 10 tickets at a time. We prefer to pay a little more for optionality (though we probably actually save money with the irregular commuting mix of bus, train, PATH, driving, and Uber).
12. If you like the train, consider getting a second car just for commuting. parking is only $3/day at W-R, and even when Wesmont Station is up, it will be a good 10 min walk from where u live.
13. In general, don't recommend driving and parking at Secaucus Jxn. The lot is very expensive and a good walk to the station (it's a private lot, and Secaucus Jxn was not originally intended to be a commuter station), and driving to Secaucus Jxn in the morning one will often hit the same Route 3 traffic that the bus runs into.

Last edited by ChinoJedi; 08-20-2015 at 07:45 AM..

Old 08-20-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoJedi View Post
Hi Phil2207,

I presume you've followed up with your Pulte sales rep and project manager, and your real estate attorney / mortgage rep as well?

Our closing was delayed about a month. The delay impacted our entire column of homes.
Hi Chino,

yes, we have. but they still didn't come back to us...
We're planning to visit the sales representative this WE and see the progress ourselves.

Thanks a lot

Old 08-20-2015, 12:29 PM

38 posts, read 72,214 times
Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks!

Do you mind telling me what model you are closing on ? my closing date is Sept., 15th .. now I am worry. when did they tell you they going to delay your closing? I planned so many deliveries after the 15th. It will be pain in the ass if changing them!! Good luck on your closing!

thanks

Old 08-20-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxtai View Post
Do you mind telling me what model you are closing on ? my closing date is Sept., 15th .. now I am worry. when did they tell you they going to delay your closing? I planned so many deliveries after the 15th. It will be pain in the ass if changing them!! Good luck on your closing!

thanks

we're in the building 22 (Belwood).
This is the point, we did our first walk around on July 17, and at that time, they told us it will probably be around Sept 15 (3 weeks delay).
But since weeks, I'm trying to ask them to confirm the date without success...
I'm afraid it will delay until October....
Are you is the same building?

Old 08-20-2015, 06:28 PM

57 posts, read 93,333 times
Hey - Pulte is a publicly listed company and they publish results every quarter, so i would think they would like to close as many houses as possible before end of quarter (i.e. 30th September). That's my take.

Phil - When you did your first walk, was it pre-dry wall walk? Good luck - Hope your closing happens soon.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar2013 View Post
Hey - Pulte is a publicly listed company and they publish results every quarter, so i would think they would like to close as many houses as possible before end of quarter (i.e. 30th September). That's my take.

Phil - When you did your first walk, was it pre-dry wall walk? Good luck - Hope your closing happens soon.

Thanks and Yes, it was a pre-dry wall walk...
Is there any others?

Old 08-20-2015, 08:01 PM

38 posts, read 72,214 times
Quote:
we're in the building 22 (Belwood).
This is the point, we did our first walk around on July 17, and at that time, they told us it will probably be around Sept 15 (3 weeks delay).
But since weeks, I'm trying to ask them to confirm the date without success...
I'm afraid it will delay until October....
Are you is the same building?
omg.. yes ! we are the same building !! they didn't tell me we are delaying . Let me find out more tomorrow and I have my mortgage rate lock till Oct 5.. they better not screw me up!!

what # are you ? I am # 7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey