Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 07:54 PM

5 posts, read 8,419 times

Advertisements

Wow... that's a great info, thanks for that!

Now I'm in dilemma since I plan to live in the new house for a longer time... thank u again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 08:09 PM

57 posts, read 93,381 times
Thank you Sasha - We are keeping our fingers crossed,our's scheduled for next week.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:50 AM

11 posts, read 15,685 times
Hello all,

I've only been monitoring this particular thread and also monitoring the lot availability map on the Pulte website for the last 3 wks. I'm guessing most current Liberty Sq residents have no reason to be monitoring the availability, but what's everyone's take on the pace of sales? Pulte recently made units in Building 19 available for sale, and I'm curious as to how long it should take to sell out? Granted, there are probably many external factors like time of year, market conditions (volatile) -- but i'm also wondering if it's location of the building (and future building #20). The building will be right across from the IMS Trading Warehouse and retaining wall and that will be a lot of owners' balcony views (see my prior posts for pictures). Prices for the new units have only gone up, but now the quality of location/view has gone down -- although some will say the location is better because buildings 19/20 are closer to the train station (at least that's what the sales rep told me).

Anyway, I guess i'm just wondering if sales are moving as they always have been historically or if things have slowed. I can't imagine that buyers would be clamoring for a townhome that faces a warehouse. With no definitive plans for what will happen to that warehouse, that can't spell good things for re-sale value. Again, I've only been monitoring for 3 wks. But I'll confess that 3 wks ago, I was ready to put down a deposit but I held off due to the crazy financial markets and to my surprise, availability hasn't really changed since then. Maybe that answers my question -- a volatile market.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited by charliesdad; 09-15-2015 at 11:55 AM..

Old 09-15-2015, 11:52 AM

36 posts, read 52,724 times
Charliesdad,
I also noticed that for last 3 weeks pulte has not made any sales since they open bldg 19.
I think on 1st day Tom sold one davenport but since nothing after that.
do you think pulte will decrease price ? or do u think one can negotiate unit prices in bldg #24 which has some units available?

Old 09-15-2015, 12:34 PM

11 posts, read 15,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2015 View Post
Charliesdad,
I also noticed that for last 3 weeks pulte has not made any sales since they open bldg 19.
I think on 1st day Tom sold one davenport but since nothing after that.
do you think pulte will decrease price ? or do u think one can negotiate unit prices in bldg #24 which has some units available?
I did also notice that units have been available in #24 for the 3 weeks that I've been monitoring. Some are labeled as "Quick Move In". And I remember previous posts saying that appraisals have come in lower than purchase price. If that's the case, and sales have slowed, would Pulte ever lower the sales price? Again, I have no idea how this usually works and I don't mean to bring this up to devalue the units for those who have already made purchases. (I envy those that have already purchased.) I just want to know if the price increases have slowed sales, or if there is some other factor. Or maybe sales aren't slow at all and it's just my perception. Is 1 sale in 3 weeks considered "slow"? Do people really want to live next to that warehouse at an increased price? and that's still without upgrades.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:53 PM

There are couple of units aavailable in nutlye (2000 built in construction), 30-40k cheaper than davenport model with walkout basement. I am not sure if townhouses in nutely could be better than davenport model? Did anyone choose liberty square townhouses over nutely ? I dont have kids atm so schools wont be immediate needs for next 4-5 years but commute from onsite train station makes me more inclined towards wood ridge? but I am confused? Can someone please share your thoughts which can help me make a choice..

Old 09-15-2015, 08:05 PM

57 posts, read 93,381 times
Charliesdad/PA2015

I think overall the sales are moving at a reasonable pace, i have been monitoring the sales of manchester/lancaster and they seem to be selling fairly quick and at a brisk pace, some of the other models are probably slowing down and hence reflected in lower valuations (one thing to note though is valuations are lower sometimes due to add on's which are a bit overpriced by Pulte and reasonably discounted by the valuer). One way of looking at buying an unit facing a warehouse is at some point in the future the W/h will be demolished and something nicer may come up, and this may even add value to the house, provided one is not overpaying at the moment.

With the train station coming up, i am fairly confident wood ridge will be a top spot for commuters to NYC, the other day i had visited the station and it is more or less done, they still need to build the pathway and clean up the outside of the station. My guess is it will open in a couple of months, any sooner would be a bonus.

regards

Old 09-16-2015, 07:31 AM

189 posts, read 460,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2015 View Post
There are couple of units aavailable in nutlye (2000 built in construction), 30-40k cheaper than davenport model with walkout basement. I am not sure if townhouses in nutely could be better than davenport model? Did anyone choose liberty square townhouses over nutely ? I dont have kids atm so schools wont be immediate needs for next 4-5 years but commute from onsite train station makes me more inclined towards wood ridge? but I am confused? Can someone please share your thoughts which can help me make a choice..
For DINK NYC commuters, with how unreliable and expensive NJT trains and buses can be, I would personally only evaluate towns 1-2 stops from Secaucus Jxn or along the PATH line. So Rutherford, Secaucus, Wood-Ridge, Jersey City, Harrison, Hoboken, etc.

Nutley is a nice town, but there's no train line. It requires busing to PABT or driving somewhere to take public transit. Not ideal. We had friends with kids that used to live there and drive to Secaucus Jxn. The commute was terrible and they were tired of the NYC rat race, so they ended up leaving the NYC metro area all together.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:41 AM

189 posts, read 460,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliesdad View Post
Hello all,

I've only been monitoring this particular thread and also monitoring the lot availability map on the Pulte website for the last 3 wks. I'm guessing most current Liberty Sq residents have no reason to be monitoring the availability, but what's everyone's take on the pace of sales? Pulte recently made units in Building 19 available for sale, and I'm curious as to how long it should take to sell out? Granted, there are probably many external factors like time of year, market conditions (volatile) -- but i'm also wondering if it's location of the building (and future building #20). The building will be right across from the IMS Trading Warehouse and retaining wall and that will be a lot of owners' balcony views (see my prior posts for pictures). Prices for the new units have only gone up, but now the quality of location/view has gone down -- although some will say the location is better because buildings 19/20 are closer to the train station (at least that's what the sales rep told me).

Anyway, I guess i'm just wondering if sales are moving as they always have been historically or if things have slowed. I can't imagine that buyers would be clamoring for a townhome that faces a warehouse. With no definitive plans for what will happen to that warehouse, that can't spell good things for re-sale value. Again, I've only been monitoring for 3 wks. But I'll confess that 3 wks ago, I was ready to put down a deposit but I held off due to the crazy financial markets and to my surprise, availability hasn't really changed since then. Maybe that answers my question -- a volatile market.

Thanks in advance for your input.
I agree with you, location/view is definitely a factor. Also, the recently opened and better value Wright Place townhomes have stopped all recent sales of Pulte Manchester/Lancasters for the past 3 months or so. The Pulte condos are in a different price range, so have not been affected.

We met some future neighbors that were considering a Davenport/Granville, but ended up buying a New Jersey model at Wright Place for basically the same price (if you do an apples-to-apples comparison with Pulte upgrade pricing). Also heard of a homebuyer that was about to put a deposit down on a Man/Lan, ended up buying in Wright Place instead when they opened.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:36 AM

Thanks ChinoJedi, kar2013,charliesdad

This is helpful information to make decision.
I have write contract with sales team in next 1-2 days for davenport in Bldg 19, I was not sure if I could wait for another 3-4 weeks just to see if pulte can atleast lower some price as current listing for Davenport is bit overpriced. Or give some upgrades included in listed price. Do you think its worth taking chance to wait for 2-3 weeks.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey