Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 10:17 AM

36 posts, read 52,701 times

Advertisements

Window next staircase on every floor is much better than staircase Pulte has.. I can understand why WP has some plus over Pulte design because basically WP builder is Pulte's x-president so he basically knows everything about pulte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 09:36 AM

32 posts, read 59,637 times
Plus over pulte design? some of their designs have a kitchen right in the middle of living area and some have permanent fireplaces dividing living/kitchen area. im sure a lot of folks wouldnt want a skewed design like that only to receive windows next to stairs...

Old 10-01-2015, 11:42 AM

Yeah I am not fan of kitchen/fireplace in middle.. its good that WP has 4 options to choose from & builder is flexible.
WP staircase are anytime better than what pulte has in all of their models

Old 10-02-2015, 09:56 AM

32 posts, read 59,637 times
with what i know, WP is not flexible. it was in the somerset master contract that WPs floorplans have to be significantly different from Pulte's (makes sense). i confirmed this with pulte and WP sales. so I dont think WP can have a truly open floor plan like Pulte's. my guess would be that most people prefer open.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:43 PM

57 posts, read 93,333 times
As much as the sq footage is larger than Pulte, most houses have the kitchen right in the middle and less storage space as compared to Pulte Manchester (alternate kitchen view) as in the model house. Again, it is a personal choice so it's unto people to decide which ones makes more sense. Staircase is a definite plus but on a more practical note, i think a good kitchen layout is more of a value add.

One other point, and i may have mentioned this before - the walk from WP to the train station is a solid 15 minutes and in the winters it would seem like 1/2 hour. If you consider Pulte' upcoming buildings, they are a good 5 -7 minute save in walking time.

Once WP sells a few houses, the pricing advantage would be no longer significant, would be interesting to watch over time. Pulte/WP - the area is definitely developing and expect loads of development in the coming years.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:13 PM

WP, Pulte is one community & part of common development plan around Westmon station, WP has definitely some plus over pulte in terms prices,rear entrance & most imp ownership of unit(its Fee simple unlike Pulte's condo ownership so one cansave more than 75-100 usd per month on hoa). Pulte might have some plus like open floor plan but WP has more value for bucks than current overpriced units which Pulte cannot change.

WP is definitely flexible, you can choose any interior model with any address in available bldg..also any end-unit model, But again its upto personal choice. I agree that pricing advantage might be not there after few WP sales. Hence if one is considering WP they should try to take advantage of pre-construction included features which one has to pay more than 40k with Pulte's manchester/lanchester

Also again its one big community all of us should wish all development around Westmon station is successful , residents dont want any black spot in community.

Last edited by PA2015; 10-02-2015 at 08:23 PM..

Old 10-03-2015, 05:30 AM

Agree - Ultimately it boils down to personal preference and like you said we should wish for overall development which is good for everyone of us. Good luck guys.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:42 AM

QQ to existing Lanchester/Manchester owners,

Has anyone installed Fireplace upgrade into their unit? is it worth going for fireplace upgrade?
DO you think going for extra guest room instead of rec room could be more practical upgrade than fireplace?

Please let me know

Old 10-04-2015, 12:33 PM

Extra guest room is a plus from a valuation stand point too, having a recreation room in the 1st floor is not something i am used to (so it is a personal choice), some people convert that in to an home/office. We decided to convert into a bedroom [so technically it becomes a 4 bedroom, although they call the 3rd room in the 3rd floor a den, for all practical purposes it is a bed room].

Fireplace is a nice to have, however it juts out of the wall and poses a problem in terms of furniture, and i am sure there are innovative ways of designing the living room with a fire place, again not for us.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:25 PM

11 posts, read 17,701 times
Question for residents: My company will be in a different location after we move and we're eagerly awaiting the time that we'll be joining the community by ensuring an accurate idea of what the commute to Penn will be like for us. We've also been making trips to the Wood-Ridge area to slowly get to know our town and check out the local stuff nearby. I'm hopeful that this will be a great, vibrant community for us. I'm actually going to be closer to Penn after the move, which is good for where we're going to be moving!

So I'm using the njtransit.com website to calculate how long the ride + transfer will be and am wondering if using the Garfield -> Penn route on the interactive map is a good way to figure this out. I know the Garfield station is closing but the Wesmont station is not selectable on the map yet. I prefer assuming worst case scenario (barring delays)

Calculating walk + train/transfer seems to be about 48-50 minutes into Penn. I'm not yet accounting for my walk to the new office from Penn. Does 48-50 minutes seem like an accurate guess?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey