Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2015, 09:25 AM

36 posts, read 52,724 times

Advertisements

@Chinojedi,@Kar2013
Not sure how much was appraisal value of last manchester house which got closed recently, but do you think WP house will appraised more compared to listed price (pre-construction) of WP models with included most of standards upgrade. Also would it help to build more equity before closing actually happens in next year April/Jun 2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 08:58 AM

189 posts, read 460,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar2013 View Post
congratulations and good luck - any idea on how many they have sold so far?
Available here:
Neighborhood | Wright Place Wesmont Station

Old 10-27-2015, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,191 times
I have a question to all residents regarding property taxes. When I was closing on my home earlier this year Pulte told me that I will have to apply for tax abatement starting in 2016. So far no one is able to tell me how to do it. Pulte told me to contact the town so I called Wood-Ridge Tax Collector and I was told that my lot was not assessed yet, so they cannot tell me how much taxes I will be paying. However, since I moved in I've been paying $710 every month towards property taxes. I also received a letter from Pulte demanding a check from me because they paid the taxes on my behalf. If the Town Tax Collector cannot tell me how much I should be paying, how can the mortgage company be charging me that? I saw the tax calculator earlier on this forum and I was trying to do the math. However, can anyone tell me how/where to apply for the abatement. I am totally confused.

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2015, 09:13 PM

7 posts, read 10,621 times
I'm excited to find this forum and thanks for sharing your experience which helps.
This week I bought Davenport unit in building #24. Still considering if I should keep it or not, looking at the purchase price. Any thoughts from you guys on buying at this price? I believe it started last year at 370k and now its 440K.

FYI - Pulte has bought more land ahead of building #20 and their development plan is ready at high level, though not published yet.

Thanks

Old 10-28-2015, 07:43 AM

189 posts, read 460,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievous View Post
I have a question to all residents regarding property taxes. When I was closing on my home earlier this year Pulte told me that I will have to apply for tax abatement starting in 2016. So far no one is able to tell me how to do it. Pulte told me to contact the town so I called Wood-Ridge Tax Collector and I was told that my lot was not assessed yet, so they cannot tell me how much taxes I will be paying. However, since I moved in I've been paying $710 every month towards property taxes. I also received a letter from Pulte demanding a check from me because they paid the taxes on my behalf. If the Town Tax Collector cannot tell me how much I should be paying, how can the mortgage company be charging me that? I saw the tax calculator earlier on this forum and I was trying to do the math. However, can anyone tell me how/where to apply for the abatement. I am totally confused.

Thanks!
1) Follow up with the mortgage company / ask your Pulte sales rep.
2) Ignore the tax calculator. That was just an 'estimate' and no longer really applicable. Find a comparable unit on the W-R property tax website that has already been assessed for 2015 and analyze the math. You will be assessed around the same amount.
3) Abatement will kick in automatically in 2016. No need to apply.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:53 PM

7 posts, read 10,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitagarwal999 View Post
I'm excited to find this forum and thanks for sharing your experience which helps.
This week I bought Davenport unit in building #24. Still considering if I should keep it or not, looking at the purchase price. Any thoughts from you guys on buying at this price? I believe it started last year at 370k and now its 440K.

FYI - Pulte has bought more land ahead of building #20 and their development plan is ready at high level, though not published yet.

Thanks
Whether you want to keep the house or not depends on if you are looking at this house for with a short term perspective or long term. At this price point, a short term outlook does not make sense. But looking at the community's development plan, it seems, the area will turn out to be a nice neighborhood. The bottom line is, this place has a lot of potential, but how will it actually turn out to be, only time will tell.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:50 PM

Thanks Simon for sharing your thoughts.
Intent is to keep is property for long term (7 years+), even if I have to move anywhere, will prefer to lease it.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,132 times
ankitagarwal999
We did also look at that unit, but decide not to move ahead with listed overprice, we are thiking about Granville or Manchester/WP

Old 10-29-2015, 05:17 AM

Yeah I think it overpriced by 50K, otherwise all good.
Which Granville you looking at? Building 24 or 19?

Can someone advise on going for Den in Davenport, now or in future?

Also those who bought Davenport in less than a 400K, did you got free options like bath tub in Master bathroon, remote for garage, wooden floor in foyer and Granite countertop in Kitchen, and etc, almost worth $11000?

Old 10-29-2015, 04:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,132 times
I think bath tub in Master bathroon, remote for garage, wooden floor in foyer was always included ..
Granite countertop level 1 is also included in listed price.. They need to add more in listed price else one has to pay atleast 15k-20k for Davenport model
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey