Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,401 times

Advertisements

Any new prospective buyers eyeing these properties now? I heard Wright place is doing some incentives, any word on what it could be? Also, they are very tight lipped about what they are doing in Phase II, please let me know if any of you guys have any information about this.

Also, in general are there any new development projects coming up apart from wright and pulte?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 03:56 PM

2 posts, read 7,080 times
Hi All,

My husband and I are currently renting in a Belwood model and hear much more noise than we anticipated. Have others experienced the same?

Examples:
1. From 2nd floor bedroom, can hear muffled noises of people talking
2. From 2nd floor bathroom, can hear muffled noises and TV
3. From 1st floor, can hear a baby crying and loud footsteps.
4. Garage door opening and closing (which I am not as concerned about and expected)
5. Sometimes I can hear a vacuum running.

I think there are families on each side of our unit so some noise is expected but we hear something everyday!

We are considering buying in the future at LS (not this rental) and are very surprised at the amount of noise we hear. We expected to hear some noise as we are sharing walls with our neighbors but I have lived in many apartments with less noise!

Is this typical of Belwood/Bowery models, all models, or is this specific to this unit and the families surrounding the unit?

Any insight here is greatly appreciated!

Old 11-21-2016, 05:42 AM

189 posts, read 459,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty square resident View Post
Hi All,

My husband and I are currently renting in a Belwood model and hear much more noise than we anticipated. Have others experienced the same?

Examples:
1. From 2nd floor bedroom, can hear muffled noises of people talking
2. From 2nd floor bathroom, can hear muffled noises and TV
3. From 1st floor, can hear a baby crying and loud footsteps.
4. Garage door opening and closing (which I am not as concerned about and expected)
5. Sometimes I can hear a vacuum running.

I think there are families on each side of our unit so some noise is expected but we hear something everyday!

We are considering buying in the future at LS (not this rental) and are very surprised at the amount of noise we hear. We expected to hear some noise as we are sharing walls with our neighbors but I have lived in many apartments with less noise!

Is this typical of Belwood/Bowery models, all models, or is this specific to this unit and the families surrounding the unit?

Any insight here is greatly appreciated!
Your experience is typical of all condos, especially #4. It sounds like you are just 'unlucky' in that you have families as neighbors as opposed to DINKs. When my in-laws lived in Maryland in NV Home condos, it was the same story.

We live in the LS townhomes. #4 still occurs (expected, like you said), and #1 only occurs if we put our head close to the shared wall on the 3rd floor. Otherwise, our neighbors are DINKs, so other than the occasionally loud weekend party (which they respectfully end by 9-10 PM), we never notice them.

We've heard a lot less 'noise' complaints from our townhome neighbors, so if this is a big issue to you, you should seriously consider buying a townhome instead of a condo.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:50 AM

2 posts, read 7,080 times
Thanks ChinoJedi for the insight! We met with Pulte salesperson who told us all the models were considered townhomes and we were surprised at the amount of noise we hear in the unit. (We are interested in the Union/Davenport model in the next phase)

If all I heard was noise when I put my head close to the shared wall, our decision would be effortless!

We will have to talk to our rep again and may in fact, as you said, have to consider the next model up. We were hoping to stay under 500K so it seemed as though the union or murray hill would be best for us.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty square resident View Post
Thanks ChinoJedi for the insight! We met with Pulte salesperson who told us all the models were considered townhomes and we were surprised at the amount of noise we hear in the unit. (We are interested in the Union/Davenport model in the next phase)

If all I heard was noise when I put my head close to the shared wall, our decision would be effortless!

We will have to talk to our rep again and may in fact, as you said, have to consider the next model up. We were hoping to stay under 500K so it seemed as though the union or murray hill would be best for us.
No problem. I think technically yes the 2nd phase of Pulte are all classified as townhomes. But yeah the noise level experience is very different in the shared flooring versus standalone units.

If your budget allows it (i.e. another 10K assuming 20% down), you should definitely also consider the cheapest WP model up the hill, the NJ. Pulte has a lower sticker price with no upgrades, but WP has many 'upgrades' included.

We've bought in both developments, as did one of our neighbors, and we both live in our WP unit. Pulte has a superior buying experience, more upgrade options, better brand name, and a better warranty support team. But WP has the better product at a better value.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 6,783 times
Default WP vs Pulte - construction + HOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoJedi View Post
No problem. I think technically yes the 2nd phase of Pulte are all classified as townhomes. But yeah the noise level experience is very different in the shared flooring versus standalone units.

If your budget allows it (i.e. another 10K assuming 20% down), you should definitely also consider the cheapest WP model up the hill, the NJ. Pulte has a lower sticker price with no upgrades, but WP has many 'upgrades' included.

We've bought in both developments, as did one of our neighbors, and we both live in our WP unit. Pulte has a superior buying experience, more upgrade options, better brand name, and a better warranty support team. But WP has the better product at a better value.
Hi ChinoJedi,

I'm also considering between the 2 communities (Pulte vs Wright Place). We're strongly leaning towards WP because of it's value and we like that they have little things included. Can you tell me, overall, what your experience has been with WP?

We have two blocking factors that are stopping us from deciding WP: construction quality and HOA.

Would be great to know, from your experience, in the difference between the quality of construction of WP and Pulte and also the differences between the HOAs (strictness/flexibility) of the two communities.

TIA!

Old 11-27-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaAir View Post
Hi ChinoJedi,

I'm also considering between the 2 communities (Pulte vs Wright Place). We're strongly leaning towards WP because of it's value and we like that they have little things included. Can you tell me, overall, what your experience has been with WP?

We have two blocking factors that are stopping us from deciding WP: construction quality and HOA.

Would be great to know, from your experience, in the difference between the quality of construction of WP and Pulte and also the differences between the HOAs (strictness/flexibility) of the two communities.

TIA!
For both Pulte and WP, we were in the first wave of closings, so YMMV. I'm sure subsequent buyers in each community had more streamlined experiences.

WP
+ superior product: real hardwood floors, larger windows, higher ceilings, 3 hot/cold zones, 4th BR/office option on 1st floor, nice garden area between townhome rows (comparing the Lan/Man's with the WP townhomes obviously)
+ better location (more private, very close to HH's Woodland Park)
+ better base home value (i.e. more stuff included)
+ better option pricing (but far less option choices, haha)

Pulte
+ better sales team (Pulte's sales team is FT salary-based, WP's are all Better Home realtors on commission-only)
+ better looking exteriors for their townhomes (more variety in terms of exterior design, a brick facade)
+ better designed model homes (Pulte's in house team versus WP's contracted interior designers)
+ better option selection process (e.g. upgraded kitchen in the Man's that ppl love and is N/A with WP; I'm sure something comparable is available in the newer Mark models)
+ better warranty coverage team (biased here, as our Pulte project manager was a 10+ year veteran and fantastic. I heard the other ones were not as good).
+ more builder options (but very $$$)
+ more streamlined closing process (good if you want to close fast, bad if you want to close slowly)
+ more home price point variety (Pulte 400 - 600K versus WP 500 - 600K)

Construction Quality
Both products are covered by a similar warranty. Both companies use basically the same contractors and the same material, so I don't think the quality itself is really THAT different.

HOA
I personally don't care a/b the WP vs Pulte HOA differences except that the WP HOA dues are lower (because it covers a few less common items). I am not the type to try to flaunt the rules with a gas grill or a holiday display on the common lawn or something.

However, I do think the Pulte HOA is fantastic. We have a very good and active board. The WP HOA doesn't exist yet (obviously) except to collect our monthly HOA dues. I hope our board will be good as the Pulte one, but I suspect it will not because most WP homeowners are busy parents and don't really have time to be good board members. The Pulte board is an empty-nester and a DINK

Last edited by ChinoJedi; 11-27-2016 at 09:00 AM..

Old 11-29-2016, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 6,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoJedi View Post
For both Pulte and WP, we were in the first wave of closings, so YMMV. I'm sure subsequent buyers in each community had more streamlined experiences.

WP
+ superior product: real hardwood floors, larger windows, higher ceilings, 3 hot/cold zones, 4th BR/office option on 1st floor, nice garden area between townhome rows (comparing the Lan/Man's with the WP townhomes obviously)
+ better location (more private, very close to HH's Woodland Park)
+ better base home value (i.e. more stuff included)
+ better option pricing (but far less option choices, haha)

Pulte
+ better sales team (Pulte's sales team is FT salary-based, WP's are all Better Home realtors on commission-only)
+ better looking exteriors for their townhomes (more variety in terms of exterior design, a brick facade)
+ better designed model homes (Pulte's in house team versus WP's contracted interior designers)
+ better option selection process (e.g. upgraded kitchen in the Man's that ppl love and is N/A with WP; I'm sure something comparable is available in the newer Mark models)
+ better warranty coverage team (biased here, as our Pulte project manager was a 10+ year veteran and fantastic. I heard the other ones were not as good).
+ more builder options (but very $$$)
+ more streamlined closing process (good if you want to close fast, bad if you want to close slowly)
+ more home price point variety (Pulte 400 - 600K versus WP 500 - 600K)

Construction Quality
Both products are covered by a similar warranty. Both companies use basically the same contractors and the same material, so I don't think the quality itself is really THAT different.

HOA
I personally don't care a/b the WP vs Pulte HOA differences except that the WP HOA dues are lower (because it covers a few less common items). I am not the type to try to flaunt the rules with a gas grill or a holiday display on the common lawn or something.

However, I do think the Pulte HOA is fantastic. We have a very good and active board. The WP HOA doesn't exist yet (obviously) except to collect our monthly HOA dues. I hope our board will be good as the Pulte one, but I suspect it will not because most WP homeowners are busy parents and don't really have time to be good board members. The Pulte board is an empty-nester and a DINK
Thanks! This is really helpful!

Old 12-10-2016, 05:23 PM

FYI, for those not following the Wesmont Station FB and interested in the W-R public schools:

1) Wesmont Station supermarket - "I met with the new owners of the store that will be taking the Milk & Honey location. They will be calling it Market Fresh. The store will be an upscale market with fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, deli and prepared foods. They expect buildout to last 4-6 months, so they hope to be opening in the spring. They have signed a long term lease and are very excited about the location. They are backed by a big food warehouse company in business in the NY metro area for decades."

2) Wesmont Station NJT parking lot - "I also asked about the parking lot too. The NJ Transit guy said that they already have the contractor and will start the construction soon. Depending on how much snow we get this winter, we might have the parking lot by spring."

The W-R Intermediate School got a '9' rating on GreatSchools. Having a modern academic facility makes a big difference! Compare the rating with the under-renovation middle school.
WOOD-RIDGE INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL - Wood-Ridge, New jersey - NJ - School overview

Related PARCC scores:
http://www.wood-ridgeschools.org/sit...esentation.pdf

Old 12-10-2016, 08:09 PM

11 posts, read 21,131 times
Hi All,
I'm having major issues with dogs being released on the front of my door on the lawns. This is happening between building #6&7. More and more dogs and owners are showing up and I'm scared to go outside at times to even get my mail, going out and in. I reported this to management and the town they are telling me to call the police. I know the owners are from another building and not 6&7. What else can I do? Besides calling the cop on my neighbors? I have confronted them once and it didn't work! Can't Pulte put up signs? These dogs aren't tiny either. Huskys and Retievers! They need to take their dogs to the dog runs not on public property!
Please help!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey