Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 11:33 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,936,144 times

Advertisements

Maybe now people will actually believe us on threads all throughout the forums when we claim this, if we provide the link.

Many times I've said that NJ has some of the best schools in the country and some people like to tell me I'm wrong. This is both on NJ forums and general US/city vs city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 11:38 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,516,157 times
Best schools at what cost to the people?

Old 08-07-2014, 11:57 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,062,470 times
If I'm analyzing his FoxNewz-speak correctly, being a politician or union leader is something any uneducated bozo could do. Is that where CW30000 is coming from?

Old 08-07-2014, 12:04 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,948,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Would you truly like to discuss this topic & all of its intricacies; or would you like to continue to act like a butt hurt, bitter ex girlfriend?

I'm guessing the latter.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:07 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,062,470 times
Quote:
Whats a 2BR cape with one bathroom going for in LA now? $600K?

You live in a crowded, burning, mudslide and earthquake-havin sprawl-alopolis where half the population doesn't speak English yet you can't get Jersey out of your mind.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Whats a 2BR cape with one bathroom going for in LA now? $600K?

You live in a crowded, burning, mudslide and earthquake-havin sprawl-alopolis where half the population doesn't speak English yet you can't get Jersey out of your mind.
HAHA yes because mudslides and earthquakes literally happen every day! And you live in an overpriced, miserable, taxed up the ass landfill of a state.

Are petty insults getting us anywhere?

My point stands -- at what price do people have to pay for these schools to get high rankings? Is it good worth it when other states have lower property taxes and yet good school districts exist?

Old 08-07-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Would you truly like to discuss this topic & all of its intricacies; or would you like to continue to act like a butt hurt, bitter ex girlfriend?

I'm guessing the latter.
Oh trust me, at least I know that I wouldn't want to raise my kids in NJ when people are living in denial about teachers cashing out big time:

"I'm cashing out on YOUR property taxes and retiring to Florida after I give your son a D!"

Old 08-07-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
HAHA yes because mudslides and earthquakes literally happen every day! And you live in an overpriced, miserable, taxed up the ass landfill of a state.

Are petty insults getting us anywhere?

My point stands -- at what price do people have to pay for these schools to get high rankings? Is it good worth it when other states have lower property taxes and yet good school districts exist?
You've whined, moaned, complained & lashed out at New Jersey. You have used this site like your own personal geographic Dr Phil. Now that you've had your temper tantrum............... What do you have to contribute?

Old 08-07-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
You've whined, moaned, complained & lashed out at New Jersey. You have used this site like your own personal geographic Dr Phil. Now that you've had your temper tantrum............... What do you have to contribute?
I think the rah-rah mentality of NJ public schools on these boards needs to end.

Say you go to a good school district in Florida, versus NJ? How much $$ would you be saving? Can we have a cost comparison of how much taxpayers PAY for these ranking versus other states?

Old 08-07-2014, 12:37 PM

Start a blog man. People would like to have actuall conversations. Stop desperately seeking an audience to validate you point of view
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey