Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 05:53 PM

300 posts, read 438,603 times

Advertisements

At what point did New Jersey become hip? First off it's NEW Jersey. Only folks from LI call it "Jersey". Secondly the Delta Bravos from MTV's "Jersey Shore" aren't from NEW Jersey. Same for the housewives and Carmela Sapprano (original housewife).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 06:51 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu4u View Post
At what point did New Jersey become hip? First off it's NEW Jersey. Only folks from LI call it "Jersey". Secondly the Delta Bravos from MTV's "Jersey Shore" aren't from NEW Jersey. Same for the housewives and Carmela Sapprano (original housewife).
I actually don't like when people say "Jersey" either.

I couldn't not correct this, it's "Soprano." Rookie mistake?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:59 AM

456 posts, read 833,292 times
NJ is just NJ...trust me, nothing that special.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:15 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antequera View Post
NJ is just NJ...trust me, nothing that special.
Yuck............ The self loathing in this state is truly disgusting sometimes.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:15 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
The self loathing in this state is truly disgusting sometimes.

...but not always, apparently...

Somerset County in the Top 10 of Happiest Places in the U.S. | NJ.com

The results of this study will likely infuriate a certain...flakey...NJ ex-pat, but that person isn't grounded in reality to begin with.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:42 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...but not always, apparently...

Somerset County in the Top 10 of Happiest Places in the U.S. | NJ.com

The results of this study will likely infuriate a certain...flakey...NJ ex-pat, but that person isn't grounded in reality to begin with.

Luckily most of Somerset Co has kept the population growth in check with sensible zoning laws. Very few 50X100 building lots in most towns and some of the "finer" towns have a 10 acre minimum size building lot.

Could be the people in Somerset county have more breathing room than some of the adjacent counties.

If you want to keep people happy give them their space.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:15 PM

13 posts, read 62,903 times
OP I feel your pain. Moved from Bergen County to West Palm Beach FL in November. Plotting a return by the end of January 2015.

In response to a couple previous posts about aggressive driving, drive around WPB or worse Fort Lauderdale/Miami for a day and tell me you still think NJ drivers are bad. Despite hating all other drivers while I was up north, I've come to realize something very important - driving in NJ is a damn pleasure.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:22 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcx95 View Post
OP I feel your pain. Moved from Bergen County to West Palm Beach FL in November. Plotting a return by the end of January 2015.

In response to a couple previous posts about aggressive driving, drive around WPB or worse Fort Lauderdale/Miami for a day and tell me you still think NJ drivers are bad. Despite hating all other drivers while I was up north, I've come to realize something very important - driving in NJ is a damn pleasure.
Once you're back in NJ you can always drive to eastern PA (especially the Philly area) to get your WPB/Fort Lauderdale/Miami fits "fix".

Old 08-30-2014, 01:29 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
Love this thread! I'm a Jersey girl now living in Missouri - I'm quite happy here but I do miss NJ!

When I get homesick, I might drive as fast and as aggressively as possible to the nearest shopping mall (not nearly near enough), cutting off people on the highway (which is not necessary being that there's only 2 cars every quarter of a mile). Then I walk around the mall, just as I did in my teens and 20s (trying to ignore all the people wearing cowboy boots and camo).

Sorry, I don't know of any online communities of Jersey folks - you've just got to drive down there and visit!

Old 08-30-2014, 04:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
I have been away from NJ for a couple weeks now, and really miss it .

Right now, I am living in metro Atlanta. But my family is back in Jersey. So I will visit once in a while. Cant wait for christmas already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey