Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,652 times

Advertisements

we moved out to a new apartment 2 months ago from the first day we came here they complained about the noise although we didn't do anything we said sorry and that we'll try to be more quieter than that but they keep complaining everyday about everything , sometimes things slip from my mom's hand like a bottle of water and it's not even at night it would be about 4 pm but as soon as they hear any voice we find the security at our door saying that people downstairs are complaining about the noise we don't know what to do we even walk slowly so that they won't complain but the keep complaining yesterday i and my sibling were doing our homework and we were talking and we laughed and it wasn't even loud but they sent us someone saying that our downstairs neighbor are complaining about the noise today morning we talked to the manger and she said that we need to move out to a first floor apartment but my dad have some problems in his health that prevents him from staying somewhere that is hot or have less oxygen and the manger said that this is our only solution and that there was a third party who confirmed that we are making a lot of noise ,we really do nothing we all sleep early and we wake up early to go out as i have school and my sibling have college and there would be no one home and we all come back late , i also have a friend that lives in the same building the first day she came here her neighbors complained about a very loud music and tv while at that time she didn't even had a tv or a radio can anyone please help me i don't know what should i do ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 06:53 AM

19,169 posts, read 25,428,090 times

Old 09-10-2014, 07:42 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,999,683 times
step one: take a breath.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
step one: take a breath.

...and learn about things such as...
capitalization at the beginning of sentences...
periods at the end of sentences...
and...
paragraph breaks.

There are people--including me--who are willing to give advice, but when confronted with a wall of text consisting of one run-on sentence and no paragraph breaks, many/most people will not even bother to read it.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:44 AM

800 posts, read 1,301,344 times
have you tried talking to your neighbor? asking what exactly they are hearing and the "great lengths" you have been going through to try and keep it down.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:58 AM

113 posts, read 332,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiannana View Post
we moved out to a new apartment 2 months ago from the first day we came here they complained about the noise although we didn't do anything we said sorry and that we'll try to be more quieter than that but they keep complaining everyday about everything , sometimes things slip from my mom's hand like a bottle of water and it's not even at night it would be about 4 pm but as soon as they hear any voice we find the security at our door saying that people downstairs are complaining about the noise we don't know what to do we even walk slowly so that they won't complain but the keep complaining yesterday i and my sibling were doing our homework and we were talking and we laughed and it wasn't even loud but they sent us someone saying that our downstairs neighbor are complaining about the noise today morning we talked to the manger and she said that we need to move out to a first floor apartment but my dad have some problems in his health that prevents him from staying somewhere that is hot or have less oxygen and the manger said that this is our only solution and that there was a third party who confirmed that we are making a lot of noise ,we really do nothing we all sleep early and we wake up early to go out as i have school and my sibling have college and there would be no one home and we all come back late , i also have a friend that lives in the same building the first day she came here her neighbors complained about a very loud music and tv while at that time she didn't even had a tv or a radio can anyone please help me i don't know what should i do ?

Prime example of the current state of American education, particularly at the basic grammar level. Shocks me that college level students write like this.

On a serious note, I don't think the management can legally force a tenant to move to another unit purely because of alleged noise issues. I would try to talk to the neighbor and see what's really going on. Or maybe play the same game on them?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:43 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,484,788 times
I would get some air horns and make a ton of noise just to get them even more mad

Old 09-10-2014, 04:06 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,134,699 times
I suspect that there are three sides to this story. The upstairs, the downstairs, and the truth.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I suspect that there are three sides to this story. The upstairs, the downstairs, and the truth.

Absolutely!

Old 09-10-2014, 04:28 PM

7,327 posts, read 6,950,060 times
If the apartment was empty for a while and the folks down stairs had become accustomed to the silence tree's your problem. They live in an apartment and you will hear your neighbors .
I hear neighbors 100 yards away just because of the acoustics and open area .
Have a recording device and trac your sounds and when the accusation is brought up again have it ready for the manager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: