U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 7,363 times

Advertisements

I would be leaving weekday 10 am to 11 am to NYC via NJ Transit Train Middletown or Redbank. I was wondering if I can expect to find daily (not permit) parking spots? Or is there another commuter lot walkable I can park for reasonable fee?

I would expect there to be wait for permits?
I dont expect to take the train every day..some days bus, other days ferry but none of the options are particularly convenient since I work m-f 12-8 or 1-9.

Please advise. Thanks all so much!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 08:46 AM

70,932 posts, read 66,648,887 times
Both towns have wait lists.

Go to Little Silver. They have daily parking for $3 (you pay at a machine) and the lot is big. I just parked there and caught the 10:02 and there were still spaces available.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:03 PM

1,203 posts, read 2,810,348 times
^ I second that. Middletown has a large lot but on that side of the Navesink River the stations are further apart so you have more people utilizing less stations.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
^ I second that. Middletown has a large lot but on that side of the Navesink River the stations are further apart so you have more people utilizing less stations.
When I bought this place, I'd already checked out the train stations. Red Bank is 2.7 miles from my home, Little Silver is 2.8. Red Bank had very limited daily parking and a wait list for permits, Little Silver had permits available and plenty of daily parking. It's one stop more than Red Bank--maybe adds three or four minutes to my commute each way.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:06 AM

2 posts, read 7,363 times
Thanks for your reply! I realized now that all three stations are 14-19 minutes driving for me from Highlands. I have been taking ferry and bus but the schedules are very limited so would need to take the train as well depending on my erratic schedule.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:36 AM

45 posts, read 93,883 times
FYI, my husband got a parking permit with no wait last year at the Middletown train station. Not sure if that has changed in the past year though, but you might want to call and ask before you assume that there's a waiting list.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monet789 View Post
FYI, my husband got a parking permit with no wait last year at the Middletown train station. Not sure if that has changed in the past year though, but you might want to call and ask before you assume that there's a waiting list.
That's great. When I was looking at Middletown five years ago, they said there was a six-month wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey