U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 07:28 AM

13 posts, read 44,720 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Has anyone requested for a crossing guard as a common man and got successful in New Jersey? Here is my problem:
I chose an apartment to live that is right opposite to a day care (Kinder Care Rt 70, Cherry Hill) hoping that my wife who doesn't drive would be able to cross the road and drop off /pick up our kid. Unfortunately the traffic on the Marlton Pike near the Springdale Rd(Zip: 08003) is horrible in the mornings from 7 AM to 10 AM and also in the evening 3 PM to 6 PM. It seems to be extremely difficult to safely cross the road at the intersection of Wexford Dr and Rt 70. I am hoping to inquire with the day care center if they could place a crossing guard. Also I am afraid it's only our family that require this. Hope some other families might join us too. I have to start early to work and we have only one car.

I know my wife should learn driving and this solves the issue. But still, can we request for crossing guard? I searched in google and it seems like schools, Police only can place crossing guards. This is not for a school, but a day care center. Can anyone guide me what will be my options here?

Thanks,
Shan
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 09:42 AM

5,479 posts, read 5,818,591 times
Post in the So. Jersey section they will probably be able to direct you.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:01 AM

9,263 posts, read 19,186,919 times
The chance of getting a crossing guard (For one family) is None.

The chances of getting one for many family where you are requesting it is None. They are not going to stop traffic in the middle of a 4 lane 50? mph zone for a cross walk.

She should walk up to Traffic Light @ Springdale Road, and cross @ the cross walk there.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:55 AM

1,218 posts, read 2,835,583 times
the idea of a crossing guard on a road as busy as route 70 is laughable if not completely insane

Old 09-18-2014, 02:30 PM

9,263 posts, read 19,186,919 times
I noticed that KinderCare has buses that go to near by Elementary schools,

It would probably cost something, but you might be able to get the bus to stop in your development on the way to/from the ES's to pick up your child.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:50 PM

13 posts, read 44,720 times
Thanks Flyonpa for your responses. But I was told that the kinder care buses are for after school day care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey