Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 04:03 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
But I used my phone, at night, while drunk. Tell me to not drink beer and post simultaneously, and everything will work out the way it should.

BTW, I'm no longer in NJ. I've moved away for college.
I am well aware that you have moved from NJ in order to attend graduate school in Georgia.

Apparently, your graduate school admission was not jeopardized by the demonstrations at Rutgers over the issue of Condi Rice as a commencement speaker--despite your stated belief that this would forever bar any chances for your advancement. I think that most of the regulars in this forum recall your emotional meltdown over that NON-issue.

In any event, I still think that you should be grateful to Mightyqueen801 for making you more employable by giving you a very valuable lesson in English--and in the French language.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 04:05 PM

477 posts, read 800,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Surprised it took this long to happen.

Listening to residents in the bear counties recount close up encounters and hearing their dismissive attitude toward the potential dangers always made me shudder.

See a stray dog and call the warden because it might bite, have a 300 lb BB walk up to you and you touch it and think nothing of it because many organizations in the state persist in saying they are more afraid of you than you are of them.

Sad but not unexpected
This reminds me of the Fox attack that happened about a week ago. I know a child was attacked and a few others. It didn't stop until a gym teacher physically attacked it. We have to stop pretending that animals are harmless and we have to let them have their way. Animals are blood thirsty. Avoid them. If they come into your area, don't be afraid to kill them. They are not humans and they're souless. They would kill you first if they can.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:26 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smommaof3 View Post
This reminds me of the Fox attack that happened about a week ago. I know a child was attacked and a few others. It didn't stop until a gym teacher physically attacked it. We have to stop pretending that animals are harmless and we have to let them have their way. Animals are blood thirsty. Avoid them. If they come into your area, don't be afraid to kill them. They are not humans and they're souless. They would kill you first if they can.
At 17 pages and 163 posts this thread is actually going quite well. Please try to avoid derailing it with posts like this. Thanks.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:33 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
OK... and a bear came wandering through my neighborhood in Randolph this morning. Not too far from some preserved open space forest, but definitely not typical to see any bears... only the 2nd time I've seen one here in 15 years.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:10 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I just remembered this incident:

Bear mauls woman camper at Hickory Run State Park - Morning Call

Old 09-30-2014, 08:59 AM

1,793 posts, read 3,350,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
shark attacks?
HA!!!! I don't know....Captain Quint carried a rifle on The Orca if I recall.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
HA!!!! I don't know....Captain Quint carried a rifle on The Orca if I recall.
This is what is typically used for sharks, alligators, etc...

Powerhead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-30-2014, 12:04 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Hmmm, camping in a a designated "no camping area" and running from a bear. Brilliant! She's lucky she survived.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Hmmm, camping in a a designated "no camping area" and running from a bear. Brilliant! She's lucky she survived.
I doubt it was designated "no camping" because there were bears in the area. Camping in state parks is generally limited to specific areas for liability purposes and so that parks staff can easily keep an eye on people. They don't want folks starting fires out in the middle of the woods, leaving trash, etc... So they cram people into grouped sites like sardines. I've got nothing against "renegade" campers who set up out in the middle of the woods away from it all (I've done it myself) as long as they clean up after themselves and observe good fire safety practices.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:50 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
There is an anti-bear hunt video on YouTube with a woman in her back yard messing with black bears to show they are not dangerous. She'll be the next person to get eaten.
There is a series on the Animal Planet Channel called "Fatal Attractions" about persons that have relationships with animals that turn out very badly for the person. Those that do not comprehend the wild in wild animals would do well to tune in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey