Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 09:17 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,162,472 times

Advertisements

He is trying to give your car STD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 09:41 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
I don't like the suggestion to move because I think it's unfair YOU need to be forced out because of some crazy guy, but I have to admit it may be the best option. The courts can't do much for these creepy types of stalker-ish people until the day he breaks into your home and holds you at knifepoint, or something. Until the moment where he does something truly threatening to your physical safety, not just unnerving and from afar, there's not much they can do - and I don't like it at all. IMO it's what fuels these types of people, specifically stalkers. They can get away with it, no matter their reason, and they know just how far they can go, too.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:35 PM

412 posts, read 1,327,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
When he steps out of his door one morning, sneak up and throw a burlap sack over his head and then crack him a few times with a Louisville Slugger. Then tell the cops it was self-defense.

Or just move. Might be less messy.

lmaoooo

Old 09-26-2014, 09:07 PM

465 posts, read 607,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanagloriana View Post
I am a 31 y.o female that lives in an upstairs apartment and my 66 y.o. emotionally unstable neighbor lives downstairs. For months he has been ringing my doorbell and hiding in his apartment. Banging on my ceiling after I fall asleep (I work a 12hr shift 7pm -730am) which has me jolting out of my bed.
The noises I have learned to ignore. I take sleeping pills and I sleep almost soundly but this seem to have put a fire under him. He has now upgraded to putting drops of a clear substance on my car (mostly on my windshield).
One morning around 5am I was sitting on my couch trying to finish a paper for school and I heard his apartment door open. I dont know what made me get up to look at what he was up to but even under the parking lot lights I could see that he was leaning over my car to put something on it. I yelled out "stop putting stuff on my car" and he smiled and said he was doing nothing. Later on that day I heard him pulling up and I stood on my balcony and made sure he knew I was watching him. He comes out from his truck and pulls out a huge hunting knife "***** i'm going to slit your throat". I immediately called the police. They came I filed a complaint and they didn't arrest him. I have no clue why. The police said that he showed him the knife. How come he wasn't arrested? The police said that I will get notice in the mail for a court date and the two of us will stand before the judge.

This was 2 days ago. In the mean time he is STILL putting the clear substance on my car. Its hard to take a picture of it unless its in the morning when there is precipitation on my window then you can see it clear as day.

What do I do?
Dress up in an all white outfit borrowed from the HBO show The Leftovers, hang outside his apartment for hours at a time, smoke a couple packs of cigarettes, and hold up a sign that says "Stop wasting your breath."

Old 09-27-2014, 10:42 AM

477 posts, read 800,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Keep calling the law. File a restraining order against him. Or next time he rings your doorbell, meet him with a gun and tell him to knock it off.
You have to be really careful in how you handle him, because he is elderly. Any thing you would do to someone your age harassing you in this manner, might be seen as elder abuse. Even if you know he's not crazy (just mean), he could always say he has some sort of problem or blame it on his age. I do think he is harassing you. I think he's probably doing it of his own will (not crazy/doesn't have Dementia or some other problem due to age). I think he'll probably be gave another chance. I would just move.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:04 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I don't like the suggestion to move because I think it's unfair YOU need to be forced out because of some crazy guy, but I have to admit it may be the best option.
nobody likes it but sometimes "standing up for yourself" isn't worth the hassle and potential risks.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:27 AM

184 posts, read 316,146 times
Havent heard from OP since she posted... any update OP???

Old 10-02-2014, 05:45 PM

29 posts, read 35,249 times
So he is still throwing a clear substance on my car. Im waiting for my court date. I called the court and they took my name and number and said they will get back to me. Im trying to find a camera to put in my car that records 24 7 no one has any suggestions. Its frustrating. Im going to make sure he pays for my windows front and back and my paint come hell or high water. It was suggested to me that he feels rejected and so hes doing this. I dont give a flying **** what he feels. Find someone to pay attention to you. We live nj not south beach.
One of the police officers that spoke to him said i wont have any problem convincing a judge that he did anything because he spoke with him for 10 mins and h said hes "a little off". If i have to move heshould have to pay for that too.

Any suggestions on a 24 7 recording, night vision camera?

Old 10-02-2014, 06:28 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
you have an electric outlet to plug it into?

maybe the clear substance is date rape drug and he just doesn't know how to use it. dont drink anything he gives you just in case he figures it out.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:54 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
So he is still throwing a clear substance on my car. Im waiting for my court date. I called the court and they took my name and number and said they will get back to me. Im trying to find a camera to put in my car that records 24 7 no one has any suggestions. Its frustrating. Im going to make sure he pays for my windows front and back and my paint come hell or high water. It was suggested to me that he feels rejected and so hes doing this. I dont give a flying **** what he feels. Find someone to pay attention to you. We live nj not south beach.
One of the police officers that spoke to him said i wont have any problem convincing a judge that he did anything because he spoke with him for 10 mins and h said hes "a little off". If i have to move heshould have to pay for that too.

I'm really sorry you have to go through this. It's astounding how crazy some people are, quite alarming too. He sounds very disturbed. I hope the courts can help you out but as you said, they can be discouraging because most if the time, no one can do anything until he physically harms you. Stalking laws are tough like that.

As for the camera, I don't have any specific suggestions but why don't you consult a security system company? Maybe they can suggest a good camera. Or maybe an electronics store like Best Buy can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey