Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 14,630 times

Advertisements

Itallian Food: Capones Pizza and Trattoria, on Washington Street in downtown Toms River.
Chineese: Hunan Garden, Corner of Fisher Blvd and Bay Ave. (571)
Chicken/Ribs: Chicken Town, Foodtown shopping Center Fisher Blvd.
Steaks/Seafood: Captain Ed's, Arnold Ave. Point Pleasant
Steaks/Salads: Tiffany's , Rt. 37 Toms River,
Wraps/ Salads: Cool Beans, The Pavillion (across from ocean county mall) TR
Pastrami Sandwiches/breakfasts: Wolfies Deli, RT. 37 Toms River.
Burgers/Sandwiches: Mulligans, Hooper Ave. Toms River.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 08:49 PM

67 posts, read 335,439 times
The Pasta House in Toms River is delicious.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:28 AM

11 posts, read 72,343 times
My Husband and I am Italian originally from Brooklyn and very into our food. I found the portions in Rivolis huge but the food was covered in sauce that tasted like chef boyardee and franco american (red and brown sauce). No good. Besides the fact that when we gotten home we were racing to beat eachother to the bathroom. ( I won LOL) Well never go there again! Dont go to Hot Tomato, just take my word. I absolutely love Il Giardinello. Rt 9 Stella plaza. The Seafood Marrecierra is awesome (and Huge) and the escarole is too. All the food is excellent, the only problem is the wait. I suggest going in the good weather, fairly early and bring a bottle (or a few bottles)(or box) of wine and sit outside. The crowd gets a little tipsy and can get quite entertaining. Never a bad meal! There is also Franks Pizza and restaurant. in Brick (home depot). They just broke though the store next door and made the restaurant bigger which lessens the wait considerably. Once again never a bad meal. Ill give you another , Napoli pizza in manchester rt. 70 (shoprite) Food very good, small restaurant in back. The guys straight from Italy very consistant good food. Their Shrimp Parm is really good. Oh yeah lets not forget Pudgys Pizza and restaurant (Burlington coat factory and AC morre Hooper ave) Everything there is great! Their Chicken Murphy and chic marsala pizza is awesome and the restaurant is really good (good broccoli rabe and sausage rigatoni) but small so call ahead. They also have some guy who sings and if you want you can sing a tune as well, which is kinda nice too. OK one more, if you want to go to a nice family restaurant try Huddys across from the mall. They have a kid room with TV and they give popcorn. The food is inexpensive and pretty good. Very good Rigatoni and Vodka Sauce. If you want to cater a party my favorite is Mulberry Street in Brick and they have a new store in Toms River, Whitesville road. They also have a great salumeria (meat and cold cuts and all the italian favorites like sauces ALL GOOD famouse for its vodka sauce but if you want franchese sauce you have to ask for it at the counter) Great cake and pasteries too. Just like NY. They just opened a pizzaria which is pretty good. Well im getting hungry, so Im gonna go and make something to eat . Ciao for now!

Old 06-04-2007, 04:08 PM

38 posts, read 266,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisavern View Post
not by choice! I lived right off Fischer near the intersection of 37.. I love Full House for Chinese. It's located on Rt 37, all the way down by the Wal-Mart, yet they still offered free delivery to my house. For pizza, I loved Charlie's Pizza in the Shop Rite shopping center. Also, Franks Pizza in Lakewood (Home Depot Shopping Center on Rt 70) and another great place for pizza is Maruca's on the Seaside boardwalk. Maruca's is basically a hole in the wall type place, but their pizza was awesome. Oh how I miss it!
Charlie's is a hidden treasure - well, not really hidden since it is next to one of the busiest supermarkets I have ever seen. In any case, I passed by that restaurant so many times when going to Shop-Rite; I guess in my mind, that strip mall was Shop-Rite only or something. I just never went in.

Finally, I ordered pizza from there..and it was quite good. The pasta dinners are very good as well.
Haven't tried Frank's - maybe the next time I go to that little mall, I will give it a try

Old 06-08-2007, 09:00 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,111 times
I love this thread. I'm not a fan of Ravoli's, big portions but the food is a bit bland - and I've also gotten sick after eating there. I happen to really like On Top of Spaghetti in Seaside. It is small and quaint and the food is excellent. The menu can look very simple but their daily specials are outstanding. I also like Pudgy's in Brick. The food is good. I don't recommend buying the pizza by the slice. I've never been thrilled with the results.

Surf taco (Brick)- good burritos
Cozy Kitchen (Brick)- good breakfast

Old 09-24-2007, 07:21 AM

2 posts, read 13,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
WE love the outback in Brick, Chinese food, there is a great place off 571 in Toms River I would have to ask my mom the name since she lives in manchester...Italian food, route 70 ippolito;s their pizza is awesome and some of their dishes are good too...I will get back to you with some more...
your are right about ippolito's route 70 they have the best food ever. and their pizza amazing!! little place but great outcomes. very good!!

Old 09-24-2007, 01:06 PM

197 posts, read 798,330 times
I agree with everyone else, avoid Rivolis, I could make the food better at home. I went on a recommendation and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 PM

329 posts, read 1,442,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
Rivolli's Has some of the best Italian food around. The size of their Dinner plates is just astounding. One plate is big enough to feed at least 4. Lot's of great leftovers, AND it's right on Fisher blvd.
You are so right! You can eat for 2 days off of the left overs. Massive quantities of food,I have NEVER seen bigger portions. Also, very good prices and excellent service. It's always crowded when I have gone, so you may have a short wait.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 13,162 times
rivollis horrible thats all i got to say

Old 10-03-2007, 11:58 AM

3 posts, read 10,355 times
If you're going to go Italian chain, you should stick to Carrabba's in Brick. Delicious.

Best pizza around is easily in Lakehurst, NJ. Pete and Sal's Italy Best. Both from Italy. Consistently delicious pizza and dishes.

Rivioli's is gross. It's all about quality not quantity.

And if you're going to do Surf Taco, stick to the one in Pt Pleasant. The one in TR is just fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey